URGENT Baby Rosie help!!!

Spider-Spazz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was talking to a friend a few minutes ago about this, i told her I think my baby has about 1% chance to live.
He hasn't been eating. and when I say that I mean the last time he ate was around may, the crickets that go in there don't ever get eaten until i'm forced to take them out. since yesterday he's been curling each leg on by one.
right now he's in his den curled up, he keeps uncurling, moving, but then curls back up.
everytime he moves he goes slower and slower.
anyone have any suggestions why this is happening? why he refuses to eat? why he decided to starve himself?

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Rosies are known to fast for as long as a couple years with no adverse effects. What you describe sounds like grooming to me, how big is it?

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah it may just be grooming. If just one or two legs at a time are going under and going back and forth then its just grooming. If they are all under at the same time and not moving, thats bad.

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Do you know the last time he molted? It's possible too that he could be getting ready for molt. He's stop eating a while before molt (well, most do, each to his own...)

Marga

Spider-Spazz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i thought it was a molt too, but he hasn't darkened in color or anything.
and it's not grooming, he's curling just about all but 2 legs at a time. i know what the grooming looks like my other t's do it all the time