*update*

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ok, she has since rolled over and as I stated she has lost a leg. The only thing she has not molted off is the top part of her carapace and some on her rump. Im assuming that she will get this off at her own will. I'll keep ya posted on how "peggy" is doing.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yeah, if she doesn't get it off on her own after a week or so, you should be able to use forceps to get it off without problems. Congradulations on the succesful molt.

TheDarkFinder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yeah, if she doesn't get it off on her own after a week or so, you should be able to use forceps to get it off without problems. Congratulations on the successful molt.
Could you please post a video if you do this, please. I want to start a thread of why we do not use forceps on a stuck molt. Be very careful if you do try it. with the carapace you are begging for a terminal bleeder.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Could you please post a video if you do this, please. I want to start a thread of why we do not use forceps on a stuck molt. Be very careful if you do try it. with the carapace you are begging for a terminal bleeder.
I'm assumeing it's loose and not really attatched well. Most people will be able to distinguish between a problem and something that can easily be taken care of. I've done this with a small piece but it was only on the abdomen.

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It looks pretty loose but then again the leg did also and off "it" came. Im really nervous about how to go about it but I don't really see how she would be able to get it off on her own.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
She's very fragile right now so don't even think or worry about now. She's going to have to recover before you do anything and you can make a better decision then.

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well the good thing is at the angle shes in now you can see in between the old carapace and new and I can see light through the eye holes so that has to be loose from her eyes. Im also assuming that when she regains her strength and gets hydrated the old pieces on her rump might just come off.

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:clap: she just pulled off the carapace

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That's great, so shes good minus one leg?

Last edited:

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well the carapace is connected to a peice on her rump and then that's all minus the leg. How often do spiders this big molt?