Update: Sky (A. Versicolor sling)

seezilla

Arachnopeon
Well, I'm pretty sure Sky is dead or very near it. I checked her out and I really don't see her bouncing back from this. I'm not sure, but I think she might have hurt herself. I don't and didn't see any clear liquid coming from her body, but her opisthosoma looks more swollen than Skweezeme's. I'm not sure what that's an indication of. She hasn't gone into a death curl, but she just looks completely lifeless. I'll give her a couple of days, but for now, it just doesn't look good. :(

Of course, I am bummed to lose another sling. But this time, I feel confident that this wasn't anyone's fault. Thank you to everyone who gave me advice and reassurance in my last thread (cause I tend to freak a little bit :D specially when my spiders act sick ugh! Sorry! I'll try to relax a bit more in the future). I'm not going to let this discourage me to leave the hobby. I'm planning on (hopefully) getting a B. Smithi soon. I need to post pictures of Skweezeme so ya'll can see how big she got. I'll do that tomorrow.

Thank you guys! I would be a nervous wreck of a SpiderMom if I didn't have you all to reassure me!

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
I'm sorry to hear that, but didn't you already post another thread about this?

Treynok

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sorry to hear that, it's hard to lose something no matter how small, or how long you've had it. Like I've seen other people say on here though don't count it out until it smells.

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
sorry to ask a non topic question but how can i post a thread?:8o
Click on the "New Thread" box. It's towards the top of the page on the forum screens (left hand side, blue box).

seezilla: sorry to hear your sling isn't improving.
If at first you don't succeed try, try again.