Update on my P.Fasciata with prolapse

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I took some more pics of my P.Fasciata with prolapse and it looks worse, what do you guys think.....this realy sucks......rob

B-fish

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Very weird, never knew tarantulas can get prolapse???odd

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ewww ya that does not look to good.

I really think there might be a secondary bacterial infection occurring. I don't think there is anything you can do to help. Just hope it corrects itself when she molts.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Ewww ya that does not look to good.

I really think there might be a secondary bacterial infection occurring. I don't think there is anything you can do to help. Just hope it corrects itself when she molts.
I don't know what to do but just let nature take it's course, it looks like it is getting worse......rob:(

presurcukr

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I had a Sri Lankan ornamental had the same thing just befor she molted.It went away after the molt.

Cocoa-Jin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What is prolapse? How do they get it and how do you prevent it? Is it an arboreal thing...environment?

Just curious because Im raising a pokie sling and would like to know how to prevent sucha thing.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Definition,
"Pathology. a falling down of an organ or part, as the uterus, from its normal position."
I am not to sure how they get it,
No there is nothing you can do that I know of to prevent it,
And no it is not just restricted to arboreal I have seen it occur in the ground dwellers as well.

Cocoa-Jin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
so it only happens to females...pressumably after laying a sac or something?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I don't know if there is a specific time it can happen but his female has not been mated or laid a sac.

samsbugs

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It most often happens during a molt, more than once this happend to my T's and it does (most of the time) correct itself. This may take a few molts, and sometimes it appears to be permanent.
Sam

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It most often happens during a molt, more than once this happend to my T's and it does (most of the time) correct itself. This may take a few molts, and sometimes it appears to be permanent.
Sam
The only times so far I have had it happen to my Ts was after a mating. Once I got one with the condition so I cannot be sure what caused that one.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
The only times so far I have had it happen to my Ts was after a mating. Once I got one with the condition so I cannot be sure what caused that one.
I was told by the seller it happened during shipping, H stated he examined her before shipping and there was no evidence of this (I believe him)......I did notice when I gopened up the container she was in and lifted up the paper towel she was upside down, she must have been rubbing that are on the towel or something???

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sorry Rob..

I heard your prolapse female passed away on your youtube. I'm really sorry about that.

If it's a falling of an organ, must happen with other species - like scorps. Never heard of this condition until I saw your videos. Then I thought it was a T deformation.