Update on my infamous P. regalis

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
A few months ago I posted about a P. regalis which is pushing the age of 6 and showed all characteristics of a male. There have been several discussions about it and the common consensus was that it is in fact male. Since it has a tendency to destroy all its molts all I could provide were ventral shots. It had been in premolt for a month and last week revealed its new body. Due to its age and size I expected it would mature. Signs of a MM? Nope.

Here IT is.. DSC_0382.JPG

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Got a link to your previous threads about the sex of this T?

I am curious as to what made you think it wasnt female.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
P. regalis is a harder poec to examine ventrally as it is so dark in the important areas. Though males will usually still have the triangular spot at fussilae.

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
Your photo is very dark. I would suspect male after I edited it. Can you post a picture with flash close up.

I will show you an image for comparison -

http://pre09.deviantart.net/6036/th...ntal_tarantula__by_spidermattcouk-d52dfxr.jpg

Not every MM Poec is small. I have seen monsters.

Well that's the problem, It webbed up all sides of the glass and if I focus my camera its just dirt and webbing in the way..

And it's not so much about the size, it's more about the age. It's going to be 6 and still not mature.. :D

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I inderstand but growth rate is mostly determined by care and metabolism. I doubt the big MMs were as young as that either.

Maybe yours is transgender ? :p

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
I inderstand but growth rate is mostly determined by care and metabolism. I doubt the big MMs were as young as that either.

Maybe yours is transgender ? :p
haha I have thought of that tbh haha :D But whatever it is, it's pissed off :D I tried to persuade it to climb glass in order to take a picture, and it punched a hole through my straw .. I just touched it and it's gone mad :D

Abyss

Arachnoknight
Im sooooooo glad my 0.1 P. mettalica only throws treat displays when inside her hide an never bolts lol. Once shes been evacuated from her hide she turns from an OBT into a rosie an slowly wanders about in whatever direction i want her to go lol.
Makes maintenance an regouses a breeze :)

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
haha I have thought of that tbh haha :D But whatever it is, it's pissed off :D I tried to persuade it to climb glass in order to take a picture, and it punched a hole through my straw .. I just touched it and it's gone mad :D
Yeah its probably best not to try manipulate a teleporter ahahah
I think pokies have two selections, on and off. My P. vittata will not budge, then all of a sudden it's doing laps. One or the other. It never politely goes where I want it to go. :wacky: