Update on my avic.

Tdcandama96

Arachnopeon
She is in molting position! She looks to weak to get through it but hopefully she does! We will see.:embarrassed:

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
She passed..:(
Get us a pic if you can, AND DON'T toss her out yet. Leave her be for a while till you know 100% she's gone. Sometimes just a lack of movement doesn't mean a thing. If she is gone, sorry, but it would be great if you could still get us some pics. We may be able to help you figure out what went wrong.

Tdcandama96

Arachnopeon
Get us a pic if you can, AND DON'T toss her out yet. Leave her be for a while till you know 100% she's gone. Sometimes just a lack of movement doesn't mean a thing. If she is gone, sorry, but it would be great if you could still get us some pics. We may be able to help you figure out what went wrong.
20170109_135837.jpg
^ she's ready for petco to go "yeah, she's dead"
Toss her out? MY BABY SHALL BE BURIED, next to my other pets that have passed (Not an abundance, we lost a kitten late last year)
and i already am 100% she's gone. It had to have been on petco's side. she ate the right food, had the correct husbandry minus some plants that i was planning on getting on the 13th. correct temps and all that. I cleaned everything before it went into her enclosure. so im just not sure.

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
View attachment 228794
^ she's ready for petco to go "yeah, she's dead"
Toss her out? MY BABY SHALL BE BURIED, next to my other pets that have passed (Not an abundance, we lost a kitten late last year)
and i already am 100% she's gone. It had to have been on petco's side. she ate the right food, had the correct husbandry minus some plants that i was planning on getting on the 13th. correct temps and all that. I cleaned everything before it went into her enclosure. so im just not sure.
Get us a close up pic of her mouth if you can. You said she came from petco so that almost definitely means she was wild caught from what I've read. And are you 100% positive she actually consumed the crickets you fed her? Nematodes would really make a lot of sense from everything you've described.

Tdcandama96

Arachnopeon
Why is she on her back? Did you find her this way? T's typically die right side up. Looks like a posible molt.
Yes that's the way i found her, but there is no response AT ALL.
are you 100% positive she actually consumed the crickets you fed her?
I watched her eat them, so yes. :)but i will get a pic of her mouth in one second

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
Yes that's the way i found her, but there is no response AT ALL.

I watched her eat them, so yes. :)but i will get a pic of her mouth in one second
Alright. Everything went smooth during the rehouse, right? As in, did she jump, fall, accidentally get pinched between anything, or anything of that such? This just doesn't really make a lot of sense, her abdomen is a little on the small side, but besides that I don't see any reason why she would've died.

Tdcandama96

Arachnopeon
Alright. Everything went smooth during the rehouse, right? As in, did she jump, fall, accidentally get pinched between anything, or anything of that such? This just doesn't really make a lot of sense, her abdomen is a little on the small side, but besides that I don't see any reason why she would've died.
everything went fine! I got scared on the first attempt and decided to let my husband do it, but no falls, pinches or anything of the sorts.
her legs kept curling back so i had to get her to pose. :eek:
I don't think that means she still alive does it?
20170109_141628.jpg

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
everything went fine! I got scared on the first attempt and decided to let my husband do it, but no falls, pinches or anything of the sorts.
her legs kept curling back so i had to get her to pose. :eek:
I don't think that means she still alive does it?
View attachment 228797
Definitely isn't nematodes which is good, but also makes this even more confusing. And not necessarily, T's legs basically work like hydraulics. So when they pass, they no longer have the pressure to keep they're legs straight or move them. I may have explained that wrong, but I think it was close enough lol. Still don't bury her or anything for a day or so IMO just in case she is attempting to molt. She does look like she's passed to me though.

Tdcandama96

Arachnopeon
so, petco said i could either get my money back or exchange.
they have 3, 1/4" slings, another Avic, a B. Smithi and something else, :O

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
so, petco said i could either get my money back or exchange.
they have 3, 1/4" slings, another Avic, a B. Smithi and something else, :O
Get the B. smithi if you want another T, it's a lot better for a first T than avic slings. A lot easier to take care of. How big is the smithi anyways?

Tdcandama96

Arachnopeon
Get the B. smithi if you want another T, it's a lot better for a first T than avic slings. A lot easier to take care of. How big is the smithi anyways?
that's what my husband wants, and she's tiny, not sure on exact size

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
that's what my husband wants, and she's tiny, not sure on exact size
They can be slow growers so it'll be small for a good while. If your refund would be more than $20-25, and the smithi is under an inch. I'd just take the refund, and try to find a juvie depending on how much you're willing to spend. Whatever you end up doing, stay away from the 1/4in avic.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
It still could be molting pose. Tarantula can take 24hours to finish molting. I assume you touched/moved her, given that she is on her back in a plastic tub?

I don't see nematodes on the picture either, she does however seem to have a crooked left fang. Its colour is not as bright black as that of the right one.

I would wait with getting another Avicularia. Not necessarily because you did something wrong, but i think another Avic might stress you out after this experience. The choice is yours of course.
I would get a refund and with that money, start looking around in the classifieds here, instead of being limited by the options your lps gives. I wouldn't spend another dollar on them after this.

Tdcandama96

Arachnopeon
It still could be molting pose. Tarantula can take 24hours to finish molting. I assume you touched/moved her, given that she is on her back in a plastic tub?

I don't see nematodes on the picture either, she does however seem to have a crooked left fang. Its colour is not as bright black as that of the right one.

I would wait with getting another Avicularia. Not necessarily because you did something wrong, but i think another Avic might stress you out after this experience. The choice is yours of course.
I would get a refund and with that money, start looking around in the classifieds here, instead of being limited by the options your lps gives. I wouldn't spend another dollar on them after this.
I'm going to, they only have brachypelma vagans and I'm not familiar with them at all.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I'm going to, they only have brachypelma vagans and I'm not familiar with them at all.
A nice beginner species, but i think way too overpriced if buying from a Lps.
Check out EulersK's series 'AraneAid' on Youtube. He has done one episode on good beginner species. There are way more out there than you think :)

Link: