Update on B. albo (Zoe) and her sac

Leila

Arachnobaron
20170312_164306-01.jpeg Well, she is still burrowed in her hide with the egg sac. :)

I am definitely anxious AND nervous. I have been researching and researching and researching...and I have been collecting items I might need if the egg sac does indeed produce healthy babies.

Also, I have decided to pull the sac and incubate it instead of letting the sac hatch with Zoe. March 23rd is the date. :anxious:

Any tips/advice? Words of encouragement? :shy:

Last edited:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I have been researching and researching and researching...
When it comes to the U.S researching is completely useless unless you have one of those green colored lamps that were/are always portrayed in movies, in places such public libraries etc :)

Leila

Arachnobaron
When it comes to the U.S researching is completely useless unless you have one of those green colored lamps that were/are always portrayed in movies, in places such public libraries etc :)
*Researching on this forum. :) Reading posts from experienced breeders

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
I have no advice, as I have no experience with breeding, but I hope it turns out well.

I wonder if she is going to be cross after her sac is taken away...

Leila

Arachnobaron
I have no advice, as I have no experience with breeding, but I hope it turns out well.

I wonder if she is going to be cross after her sac is taken away...
I'd imagine so. Lol. I have viewed many videos posted by experienced breeders, and every momma has consistently been protective and ticked off when her sac has been taken away.
I can't blame the mommas though...ya know: maternal instincts and all. ;)

Last edited:

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I would never let the sac hatch with mom. Not with that species, at least. Trying to wrangle up four figures worth of spiders does not sound like a good time.

I'm so excited for this sac. Better than any soap I've seen.

Leila

Arachnobaron
Remember: I am not an experienced hobbyist yet. Lol. For those of you who do not know or may not recall, I unknowingly purchased a gravid female B. albo. She produced her sac a day or 2 after I brought her home.

This was not a naive breeding attempt by yours truly; this was a big surprise. Lol!! :D

Leila

Arachnobaron
I would never let the sac hatch with mom. Not with that species, at least. Trying to wrangle up four figures worth of spiders does not sound like a good time.

I'm so excited for this sac. Better than any soap I've seen.
Lol!!!! 'Better than any soap I've seen' :happy::happy::happy:

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
View attachment 233886 Well, she is still burrowed in her hide with the egg sac. :)

I am definitely anxious AND nervous. I have been researching and researching and researching...and I have been collecting items I might need if the egg sac does indeed produce healthy babies.

Also, I have decided to pull the sac and incubate it instead of letting the sac hatch with Zoe. October 23rd is the date. :anxious:

Any tips/advice? Words of encouragement? :shy:
Just run with it, girl. You can do this; you're all set up, you've listened to your elders here (esp Louise's vids on incubation).
You'll be great! And a proud granny!