update of my brachy. the one that i dont know what sp.

xyruz

Arachnopeon
hello guys..
sory for the long update about my brachy..i wait for it to molt to see its coloration..and finally after 2 more molts..my brachy(bloodshot):) appear to be an emillia..
please correct me if im wrong.. thanks

Attachments

Bugmom

Arachnolord
That's definitely NOT a boehmei.

Emilia is far morel likely.

Could be a hybrid also.

Female? If so, did you get shots of the spermethecae? That would go a long way in identifying the exact species.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
That's definitely NOT a boehmei.

Emilia is far morel likely.

Could be a hybrid also.

Female? If so, did you get shots of the spermethecae? That would go a long way in identifying the exact species.
Do the emilia have that bright orange on the knees like that when they are young or freshly molted like the OPs?

To me it looks more like boehmei( ish) Lol.. Brachys aren't my thing by any stretch...

Bugmom

Arachnolord
Do the emilia have that bright orange on the knees like that when they are young or freshly molted like the OPs?

To me it looks more like boehmei( ish) Lol.. Brachys aren't my thing by any stretch...
You're looking in the wrong spot - Boehmei doesn't a black V the carapace. :)

Hey @Exoskeleton Invertebrates, we need your expertise!

14pokies

Arachnoprince
You're looking in the wrong spot - Boehmei doesn't a black V the carapace. :)

Hey @Exoskeleton Invertebrates, we need your expertise!
Well I know that! Lol. But unfortunately you see that alot with " hobby boehmei " in the US. I'm not saying it's acceptable it's just how it is unfortunately..

I have never raised emilia so I have no idea if they have orange knees at any point in there life.. If they do I would agree that yes it "looks" more like emilia but at this point to me it looks more like boehmei "H word"..
I hate throwing that word out there as I am almost clueless to brachy sp and it's any easy way to start a flame war.. Lol

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

The problem is the photo is of a specimen that is recently molted so it's hard to say wether is a hybrid or boehmei. Brachypelma emelia is definetly not to those who think is emelia.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hello guys..
sory for the long update about my brachy..i wait for it to molt to see its coloration..and finally after 2 more molts..my brachy(bloodshot):) appear to be an emillia..
please correct me if im wrong.. thanks
What did you purchased it as?

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A dead give away of not an emelia is that the emelia does not have red/orange patella marking/coloration. So you can forget about the "V" pyramid shape on the carapace.

Bugmom

Arachnolord
Well I know that! Lol. But unfortunately you see that alot with " hobby boehmei " in the US. I'm not saying it's acceptable it's just how it is unfortunately..

I have never raised emilia so I have no idea if they have orange knees at any point in there life.. If they do I would agree that yes it "looks" more like emilia but at this point to me it looks more like boehmei "H word"..
I hate throwing that word out there as I am almost clueless to brachy sp and it's any easy way to start a flame war.. Lol
I've never had emilia either. I do have a hybrid boehmei/baum and as such he will never be mated.

A dead give away of not an emelia is that the emelia does not have red/orange patella marking/coloration. So you can forget about the "V" pyramid shape on the carapace.
I knew you'd know what to look for :happy:

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I have raised 3 emilia from slings and they never looked like this. I have raise 3 boehmei too. Looks boehmei-esqe

The black markings around the eyes would more than likely point to a boehmei/baumgareni mix somewhere down the line.

basin79

ArachnoGod
I've never had emilia either. I do have a hybrid boehmei/baum and as such he will never be mated.

I knew you'd know what to look for :happy:
Nowt to do with this and might not be owt to do with your good self but I've received a comment on one of my youtube videos off a Bugmom. The comment won't show up under the video but I've answered your question. If it's not you please ignore.

xyruz

Arachnopeon
yeah im still thinking that its a hybrid.. but its still a gud looking T.. just not whhat i expected.. thanks guys..