Up next, for a me as a beginner.

wesker12

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well that is catastrophic, 400$ its arround 350€ with exchange. Still, why do people buy so many slings? Breeding purpose or just big collections?
Well my reasoning is that if I have to spend 50$ on just shipping, the order should be at least 200$ to make it worth it? Like say I just bought two versi slings for 50$ and then had to spend another 50$ on shipping which means half the cost just went to shipping! Can negotiate price better on larger orders too! I like buying multiple slings to increase chances of getting a female, observing variable behavior among the same species and because there is something very satisfying about raising a lil .5 inch bugger to something like 20x bigger! Also the color changes and behavior changes as they go through different life stages is super cool :) I like to get at least 2 - 5 of whatever slings I buy. Lastly the time caring for 1 sling or 5 slings is usually similar.

also just remembered when you have multiples, it's super fun to trade stuff with local people around you and make new friends and get cool stuff without spending too much!

Last edited:

Yigzatoth

Arachnopeon
Well my reasoning is that if I have to spend 50$ on just shipping, the order should be at least 200$ to make it worth it? Like say I just bought two versi slings for 50$ and then had to spend another 50$ on shipping which means half the cost just went to shipping! Can negotiate price better on larger orders too! I like buying multiple slings to increase chances of getting a female, observing variable behavior among the same species and because there is something very satisfying about raising a lil .5 inch bugger to something like 20x bigger! Also the color changes and behavior changes as they go through different life stages is super cool :) I like to get at least 2 - 5 of whatever slings I buy. Lastly the time caring for 1 sling or 5 slings is usually similar.

also just remembered when you have multiples, it's super fun to trade stuff with local people around you and make new friends and get cool stuff without spending too much!
Well, i ended up buying more than one :)
1x Avicularia cf. aurantiaca
1x Avicularia sp. Kwitara
1x Grammostola pulchra
1x Caribena versicolor (1 more)
2x Ybyrapora diversipes

Beautiful species!

wesker12

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
1x Grammostola pulchra
2x Ybyrapora diversipes

Beautiful species!
Ooooh super jelly of the diversipes, definitely on my wish list....probably a coin toss between a diversipes or A.purpurea (most gorgeous dark velvet midnight purple) for my next arboreal! I have 3 little pulchras too and they're definitely adorable :)

Yigzatoth

Arachnopeon
Ooooh super jelly of the diversipes, definitely on my wish list....probably a coin toss between a diversipes or A.purpurea (most gorgeous dark velvet midnight purple) for my next arboreal! I have 3 little pulchras too and they're definitely adorable :)
Well, i hope you find a diversipes for you soon (and at a good price).. well the pulchra was mostly to raise the minimum order price and the more i read about it the more i like her. Sadly i couldn't find a GBB sling (in a place that doesn't force me to buy a certain amount).

Good choices! Those are all wonderful species.
Well i find them amazing, but sadly ill have to wait a bit for the P. cambridgei and P. reduncus. Maybe in a year or so.

MaskFac3

Arachnopeon
1x Grammostola pulchra
2x Ybyrapora diversipes

Beautiful species!
Where did you get them from? I’m trying to track down a sp Kwitara after I gave my af away due to having to rehome all my exotics but they seem to be rather than hens teeth!!!

Yigzatoth

Arachnopeon
Where did you get them from? I’m trying to track down a sp Kwitara after I gave my af away due to having to rehome all my exotics but they seem to be rather than hens teeth!!!
Ill send you the stores in PM (dunno if i can post them in this thread)