Unusually "friendly" behavior in N tripepii

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hey all, Sitting here kinda bored and thought I'd share. The day before yesterday I noted my 5.5" N tripepii was walking around in the enclosure. I thought it a bit strange as it usually always just sits there. I noticed the waterdish was looking a bit dirty so I opened to clean, then fill it. The t immediately began crawling up the side of the enclosure. I placed my hand at the edge and it crawled right into my hand and sat there still. I held it for a couple of minutes, then put my hand on the sub and had to coax it pretty good for it to crawl back off. Once it did it sat still and seemed back to normal.

Now it's gonna take a little more than wishful thinking for me believe it actually wanted to be held. In past couple of molts I've only handled 2-3 times, once for pics. It usually needs to be coaxed lightly to crawl into the hand and then mostly walks hand under hand until placed back- or occasionally settling on my wrist. On an outstanding note, it hasn't kicked in over two months.
I was a bit nervous after noting the recent behavior, have watched a little closer since and it appears to be doing great. Who knows!? {D

Terry

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thats so cool :p
Unfortunately my sling is so small, I dare not try and pick it up for fear of losing it/crushing it. Have already been thinking, with my luck of selecting males, I should get a few more slings and grow them up a bit. Can you post a pic of your tripeii ??

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Danja, I'm evidently overloaded on pics not being a supporter. Check you p.m. box in a few. :D Terry

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If I tried that with any of ours,I would have a fang through my hand.

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Brett, Although not condoning handling for those that don't prefer it, you just might be pleasantly surprised! :)

edit- I will say that if I reached in and touched the front legs or tried to pick it up like a frog there's a 100% chance I'd get nailed, too! (-;

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Brett, Although not condoning handling for those that don't prefer it, you just might be pleasantly surprised! :)

edit- I will say that if I reached in and touched the front legs or tried to pick it up like a frog there's a 100% chance I'd get nailed, too! (-;
Ehhhhh,even if I did handle any of ours,the last 2 I would even think about holding are our tripepii,and our OBT.Even when we have had it out of its enclosure for cleaning and whatnot,it goes ballistic. I believe it wants to eat my face...........Nothing but a hair kicking,fang bearing nightmare.