Unsuccessful Catageus sp. eggsac

NotreallyJeff

Arachnopeon
Just here to update about an attempt at getting some CB Catageus sp. on the market.

I first noticed that my big Catageus had eggs in mid November of the previous year, they where developing and where extracted around the end of January. They then proceeded to brown up entirely within about 2 weeks of extraction. She'd been holding onto the eggs for a while so I was concerned that they weren't fertile, and about a month after I had this thought around the beginning of May, I founder eating some of the eggs.

I do believe at one point they where almost certainly fertile and I must've messed up the husbandry to make it so they never hatched. My main theory is that the humidity was too high. However I haven't found any literature on breeding Catageus so I'm not sure.

The female is now very lethargic which I believe is to be expected after holding onto the eggs for so long.

I Keep her in a plastic sealed food storage container with drilled ventilation holes that allow for cross ventilation and each container has a volume of 5.2L or 176oz with a piece of flat wood going from one corner to the next, I then spray the enclosure on one side each day.

I'd greatly appreciate any advice or criticism for my enclosure or anything related to breeding these lil guys.

Regards,
-Jeff

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Any idea on locality? More specifically, do you know if this specimen was from Malaysia?

Thanks,

Arthroverts

NotreallyJeff

Arachnopeon
I bought these specimens are a reptile expo while they where under the "Stygophrynus" binomial. Unfortunately, I am unsure of where they where collected from. Sorry.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
I think they may be the Malaysian longispina then. They haven't done so well in captivity, very few if any successful egg sacs, a lot of molting issues, poor eaters, etc. Really unlike the other Catageus in those regards.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

NotreallyJeff

Arachnopeon
I think they may be the Malaysian longispina then. They haven't done so well in captivity, very few if any successful egg sacs, a lot of molting issues, poor eaters, etc. Really unlike the other Catageus in those regards.

Thanks,

Arthroverts
Interesting

She seemed to eat semi-regularly and my other Catageus has a nice fat abdomen. I haven't had any of them molt yet so I can't say on the severity of them, but since I have no idea about their origins they could very well be different species. Is there any literature you could point me to about Catageus in general so I can try to better understand what specifically I own?

Either way, thank you for your input Arthroverts.

-Jeff