Problem Unsubscribing to email notifications

Jeff23

Arachnolord
I have been properly receiving email copies of all posts on threads where I am active. Recently I decided that I just want to use board notifications since it is quicker to view updates.

So I unchecked the four email check boxes on Alert Preferences popup. But I am still getting email notifications. Does it just take a little while for the system to update for this change? Or have I failed to uncheck or check another box somewhere.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I believe that you need to specifically "unwatch" each individual thread that you were active in. It's a link on the upper right hand corner.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
I believe that you need to specifically "unwatch" each individual thread that you were active in. It's a link on the upper right hand corner.
I see what you are saying. When you watch a thread it doesn't give you a choice on emails. So hopefully new thread watches will use current Alert Preferences. I guess the simplest way is to click on the "disable emails from this thread" when I received each email. I don't want to "unwatch" the threads because I like notifications here on the site.