Unnactive rosey

Kaissos5

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey, i know a lot of G. Roseas can fast, but do a lot of them just sit in the same spot all day? I wouldn't be worried, but he sits in a corner of my KK and not under his hide. Any suggestions or ideas on why, and what to do?

David

Shadrach

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sounds like the typical T to me I have one that very rarely shows her self during the day but if so will wonder out and find her a spot to hunker down in and then not move all day unless disturbed. I think I would be more worried if it was very active and going all the time to me that would signal a male spider out hunting a female. My female does move some but usally just to house clean.

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Kaissos5
Hey, i know a lot of G. Roseas can fast, but do a lot of them just sit in the same spot all day? I wouldn't be worried, but he sits in a corner of my KK and not under his hide. Any suggestions or ideas on why, and what to do?

David
I have a rosea that hasn't moved for two weeks until today. It moved about 2". BTW, it hasn't been eatting for 3 months now. But I'm sure its just doing the rosea thing.;)

Ernie

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a rosea that hasn't moved for two weeks until today. It moved about 2". BTW, it hasn't been eatting for 3 months now. But I'm sure its just doing the rosea thing. ;)

Ernie
Hey! that sounds exactly like my rose. She has been sitting in the same place for about 2 months now, and all she does is climb the side of the kk when she wants some heat, then back to the substrate when she's done. She hasn't eaten in about 3 months now, doesn't yet look like she's gonna molt. She hasn't molted since I got her a year ago, and she has fasted like this before. I guess I'll just get used to it.=D

rob

Got Inverts?
Old Timer
My Rosie seems to be more active at night when I turn the lights out. During the day, she just kind of hangs out in one spot outside the hide. Somewhere around 9:00 pm she kind of makes a trip around the cage and then sometimes goes into her hide. When I turn the lights out later so I can go to bed, she starts coming out of her hide, sometimes drinks, moves around a little more. Very interesting how each T seems to have its own personality.