Unmoving little white dots?

Wheezy

Arachnopeon
I recently bought an A. Versicolor and a few days after buying it, I noticed a couple little white dots, not alot, but a few. However they don't move, so perhaps maybe just poo? It's on the substrate at the bottom of the vial, and my versicolor usually chills on it's web at the top. I just wanted to know what you think, I'm probably just paranoid, but I'd hate for my versicolor to die to my carelessness. And I'd take a picture, but I have a horrible camera, and everythings too blurry to really see it.

Assassin

Arachnosquire
yep, it's most likely poo...but i would advise you do change out the substrate...you never know...

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Don't be alarmed. Thats just poop. Versicolor is known to poop ALOT. I have to clean mines enclosure every 6 months since the glass becomes all white from it. :D

mitchrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
are you using cocofiber? it might also be a fungus that ALWAYS pops up on cocofiber...atleast for me. looks like little yellow-white dots, that are somewhat clustered. given enough time and humidity it sometimes spawns a nuclear yellow mushroom. or its t poo :eek:

killy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I started a thread like this way back in '09

I too was unnerved by the "little white cocoons" ... so I did what you did and hit the boards ...

Here it is ... (and yes, rest assured, it's versi-poop)

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=162353

... and that's just the half of it ... you aren't a full-fledged member of the Versi-Poop Club until you've been not-so-affectionately "projectile-pooped" by your Show-No-Mercy-Versi ... I was so proud my first time that I started a thread on that too) ...

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=161531

All that was back when Speedy was just a sling ... he's a whopping 2-incher now, and I give him wide berth! :D