unmentionable T

mebebraz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The Rio Grand Gold isnt talked too much about, anyone like these or have one?:?

bwhatch2

Arachnopeon
aph.moderatum

ask me again next tuesday i will have my first one then. i have heard from a pretty good source that a freshly molted adult is a real stricking tarantula, unlike most of the other aph. spp.

bryan

mebebraz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Have you orded it yet? If so how much are you paying, including shipping if you dont mind me asking.

bwhatch2

Arachnopeon
dont mind you asking at all. yes, i did order it allready. i cant say exactly how much i paid for it, im getting it as part of a trade. i put up a bunch of roaches and some cash for a bunch of tarantulas. but, the guy i am getting them from sells them for $20 and shipping is by overnight only, he wont ship priority, and thats also $20.
heres where i am getting it
http://www.goldenphoenixexotica.com/index.htm

mebebraz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Devildoll, your site wont open, do you have any Rio's?

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a 2 incher... very nice looking spider. The colour is very subtle but not at all drab. It is also by far my fattest spider!

Mine is pretty laid back but I have read that they can be quite cranky.

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
If you read the Schultz book, and look at the bite section, most of the bites the Schultz' received came from the Rio Grand Golds (Aphonopelma moderatum).
For a new world species, everyone talks about how quick they are to bite.

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Mine is has a sweet disposition. I must say they are quite beautiful. I will post a pic tonight when I get home from work. (about 9:00pm)

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by mebebraz
The Rio Grand Gold isnt talked too much about, anyone like these or have one?:?
I have 6 or 7 of them of different sizes.....I don't recall any of them kicking hair, they seem to be skittish and run and hide.
Ed

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yep! Got a deal on 5 of them so me and a couple friends split them up. Of the two I had left, I donated one to the local Butterfly Pavillion and kept a little 3"er. They're one of my favorite Aphono's actually. Mine's also got a fairly mellow disposition.

Atrax