Genus Ornithoctoninae

Larkin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Interesting, thanks. I have an exuvium, yes. She molted recently. What features should I be looking for? I can provide decent macro pictures of the spermathecae if necessary.
Hi Draiman,

the picture of the spermathecae might be of some help but then it would be nice see the stridulating organs too.
So the picture of the retrolateral surface of the chelicerae and the picture of prolateral surface of the maxillae would be useful as well.
In addition it may be a good idea to measure the relationfactor of Leg I in comparisson to Leg IV.

As Chris said - maybe Volker von Wirth or Søren Rafn will be able to help with the identification.

Below I have attached a picture of the spermathecae of my Ornithoctoniane sp. Kalimantan. I believe that the spermathecae of the "Orange Fringed" looks the same.

Cheers,
Tomasz

Attachments

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hi Draiman,

the picture of the spermathecae might be of some help but then it would be nice see the stridulating organs too.
So the picture of the retrolateral surface of the chelicerae and the picture of prolateral surface of the maxillae would be useful as well.
In addition it may be a good idea to measure the relationfactor of Leg I in comparisson to Leg IV.

As Chris said - maybe Volker von Wirth or Søren Rafn will be able to help with the identification.

Below I have attached a picture of the spermathecae of my Ornithoctoniane sp. Kalimantan. I believe that the spermathecae of the "Orange Fringed" looks the same.

Cheers,
Tomasz
Interesting! Have a look:

Larkin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Have you managed to take pictures of the stridulating organs?

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Have you managed to take pictures of the stridulating organs?
Not yet, because I would have to destroy the exuvium to get those shots.

Does anyone know of any way I can contact either Volker von Wirth or Soren Rafn? An email address or something?

Larkin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi,

mist or soak the exuvium with water and it'll become more flexible again - so that you will be able to take some pictures.

You can contact them via PM on this forum (their usernames are VolkervonWirth and phormingochilus respectively).

Cheers,
Tomasz

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Ornithoctoninae sp. Malaysia

I guess here is my share...

Ornithoctoninae sp. Malaysia 3.5" in heavy pre-molt!!

Peace!!!

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Ornithoctoninae G sp."Orange Fringed"
(Mating)

Wish me luck!
-Chris

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Good luck for sure man, and happy there wasn't a 3rd pic of the male rolled up into a ball:cool:

Later, Tom

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thanks guys!
Tom he came very close to getting munched!The female chased him right out of the bin I was using.
-Chris

Larkin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi CandyFana,

is this an arboreal setup?

Regards,
Tomasz

CandyFana

Arachnopeon
Arboreal, but with 20 cm ground.

Til adult stage, she graved a whole but with a webtunnel like the one on the picture, but from the ground til the top of the three. She liked to stay all night on big three's leaves.. At the top of the terrarium. (arboral behavior)

Now she got a new terrarium (the one you see) already nearly one year and she did not grave anything.
There is a whole at the botton of the three (beside) and i put some turf in the three itself.
She made her place in the three with the webtunnel that comes to the front of the terrarium.
So she has 20 cm to grave, but she does not grave anymore now she is adult.

(of course, if you only give ground; she wont have any other choice than making a whole).
I always give the 2 possibilities, when i thing she could have arboral behavior.;)