Genus Ornithoctoninae

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Love that spider Chris, she kind of looks like a Asian Megaphobema peterklaasi to me.{D

Later, Tom

pato_chacoana

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
yes! crazy gorgeous. she must be very closely related with the southamerican giants :razz: maybe that's also why i too love that one! {D

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yes they are really just huge stocky spiders!Very impressive as adults :D
Really hoping I will be able to produce these at some point here.Got plenty of immature males just playing the waiting game hehe!
-Chris

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Really wishing my orange fringe freebie hadn't died. :wall:
! wow, gotta love the seller! Sorry to hear it didn't make it though, such a beautiful T and we definitely need more in the US hobby

Larkin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi,

here is my Ornithoctoninae sp. Kalimantan female (the species without the orange fringe):

Cheers,
Tomasz

Larkin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi,

thanks seanbond ;-)

Draiman - your spider doesn't look like Haplopelma doriae (aka "Orange Fringed"), but it looks more like the Ornithoctonus species to me. But it is only my tentative guess ;-) However it is very nice specimen. If you have an exuviae it might be a good idea to check a few features by examining it.

Cheers,
Tomasz

Last edited:

seanbond

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hi,

thanks seanbond ;-)

Draiman - your spider doesn't look like Haplopelma doriae aka "Orange Fringed" but it looks more like the Ornithoctonus species for me, but it is only my tentative guess ;-) However it is very nice specimen. If you have an exuviae it might be a good idea to check a few characters by examining it.

Cheers,
Tomasz
are those in the states? either spider?

Larkin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Unofrtunatelly I don't know. I think Chris (syndicate) should be more informed about that.

However, both of the above species should be still available here in the Europe ;-)

Cheers,
Tomasz

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Draiman - your spider doesn't look like Haplopelma doriae (aka "Orange Fringed"), but it looks more like the Ornithoctonus species to me. But it is only my tentative guess ;-) However it is very nice specimen. If you have an exuviae it might be a good idea to check a few features by examining it.

Cheers,
Tomasz
Interesting, thanks. I have an exuvium, yes. She molted recently. What features should I be looking for? I can provide decent macro pictures of the spermathecae if necessary.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hi Draiman,
That is a beautiful spider you found there!I can't say for sure but to me it does not look like the orange fringe species.Also if the locality is correct and it was collected in Vietnam than we can be sure it is not this species!
Maybe try and send an image to Volker or Soren?
Good luck!
-Chris

BillyG

Arachnopeon
:razz:I'm so in love with malaysian earth tiger,and they're pretty hard to find too.is yours a male or a subadult female?:razz:

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hi Draiman,
That is a beautiful spider you found there!I can't say for sure but to me it does not look like the orange fringe species.Also if the locality is correct and it was collected in Vietnam than we can be sure it is not this species!
Maybe try and send an image to Volker or Soren?
Good luck!
-Chris
Thanks for the input Chris. Do you happen to have any photos of spermathecae from any of your Borneo orange fringe specimens? I would love to be able to compare those with that of my spider. :)