Unidentified "gift".

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I assume - since you mention the possibility of releasing them - that these are some of your local Georgia millipedes that a friend or family member found/caught and gave to you because they know you like bugs?

Those are flat-backed millipedes (Polydesmida). Unfortunately, they do not usually do particularly well in captivity - though some people have managed to keep them successfully. You might find some useful information in this thread: https://arachnoboards.com/threads/ordered-first-millipede-care-to-help.287252/#post-2530279

newscorpionowner

Arachnopeon
I assume - since you mention the possibility of releasing them - that these are some of your local Georgia millipedes that a friend or family member found/caught and gave to you because they know you like bugs?

Those are flat-backed millipedes (Polydesmida). Unfortunately, they do not usually do particularly well in captivity - though some people have managed to keep them successfully. You might find some useful information in this thread: https://arachnoboards.com/threads/ordered-first-millipede-care-to-help.287252/#post-2530279
Yes, I have a few tarantulas and scorpions, and my friend who found these in his yard, he doesn't like things like this so rather than move it to the other side of the fence he put it in a container and said they had a gift for me. I'm gonna put him outside where the celler door is, plenty of bugs for them to hunt, I guess. Too bad though, they looks neat, but probably for the best as I have zero knowledge of husbandry for these guys. Thanks by the way!

Last edited:

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'm gonna put him outside where the celler door is, plenty of bugs for them to hunt, I guess. Too bad though, they looks neat, but probably for the best as I have zero knowledge of husbandry for these guys.
Probably just as well that you're not keeping them! Millipedes don't usually hunt for bugs. Most feed on plant material and decaying organic matter. ;)

newscorpionowner

Arachnopeon
Yes, I have a few tarantulas and scorpions, and my friend who found these in his yard, he doesn't like things like this so rather than move it to the other side of the fence he put it in a container and said they had a gift for me. I'm gonna put him outside where the celler door is, plenty of bugs for them to hunt, I guess. Too bad though, they looks neat, but probably for the best as I have zero knowledge of husbandry for these guys.[/QUOTE
Probably just as well that you're not keeping them! Millipedes don't usually hunt for bugs. Most feed on plant material and decaying organic matter. ;)
See, zero knowledge:rofl:

Wesley Smith

Arachnoknight
looks like a Dicellarius species, possibility Atlanta or Tallapoosa depending on where it was found.