Unidentified Beetle (Lovely from Philippines)

After3Days

Arachnosquire
Hi guys, kindly I.D. this species, a beetle couple (guesstimate size 1inch or so)

In my previous post, i thought it was her young. Proved that I am wrong, it was mites.

Last edited:

myrmecophile

Arachnolord
Old Timer
It is one heck of a nice weevil. Can't place the species though, yes those are mites.

1Lord Of Ants1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hmm...just wondering, since you sound familiar and *could* be a relative, where in the Philippines are you located?

1Lord Of Ants1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ok. :) I have a cousion that lives there that also goes by the name Lovely. Yes, I've been there. I'm half American, half Philippino. (My mom is from Cebu)

After3Days

Arachnosquire
Ok. :) I have a cousion that lives there that also goes by the name Lovely. Yes, I've been there. I'm half American, half Philippino. (My mom is from Cebu)
Sounds interesting. :) Cebu is a great city. BTW, most of tarantula species can be found in that area, probably Negros and Samar. Most of tarantula enthusiast here in the philippines usually pay hunters to hunt spiders for them, & some exotic animals as well.

Bugs In Cyberspace

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I've seen a similar Florida species, associated with palm trees, if I remember right. I also see another similar (looking) species on prickly pears in Jalisco, Mexico.

After3Days

Arachnosquire
I've seen a similar Florida species, associated with palm trees, if I remember right. I also see another similar (looking) species on prickly pears in Jalisco, Mexico.

I think they are everywhere & totally can be found along tropical countries, even some exotic enthusiast in Singapore spec. Asia, they had seen similar species. Though i want to know what kind of weevil is this. (specific) Planning to to breed them as well, i think its a good feeders also. :D