User Ungoliant's Tarantulas

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
This thread is for my favorite photos of my tarantulas.

The Watering Hole (♀ Grammostola pulchra 3.5")

A Handsome Dandy (♂ Dolichothele diamantinensis 2.25")

Muffet (♂ Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens 0.75")

Freshly Molted Acanthoscurria geniculata Sling (♂ 0.75")

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
It's already pretty feisty for a sling; I'm looking forward to having a big tarantula with some attitude.
I'm hoping that my L. klugi will be exactly that, without being overwhelming/stressful for me.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Dolichothele diamantinensis Threat Pose (♂ 2.25")
"It's more afraid of you than you are of it." (He made this threat pose when I nudged his mealworm into this retreat. Two hours later, and he is still in the same position, his fangs bared.)

cold blood

Staff member
Thats pretty significant growth with that recent molt...looks like a differrent t.

Leila

Arachnobaron
Exploration Mode (♀ Psalmopoeus cambridgei 3"): from @cold blood
What a cutie Squirt is :)

My 2.5-3 inch P. cam has covered its entire hide-area with a thick dirt curtain. I have not seen him in days. Lol. All of my Psalmos are currently impossible to photograph.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
My 2.5-3 inch P. cam has covered its entire hide-area with a thick dirt curtain. I have not seen him in days. Lol. All of my Psalmos are currently impossible to photograph.
Squirt has made a two-story dirt condo (there is a dirt curtain inside that separates the two levels), where she spends most of her time. I covered that corner with a black piece of plastic, so she wouldn't feel like she had to cover the glass to feel safe and dark. So now I can move that piece of plastic to spy on her in her dirt condo.

When she's hungry, she hangs out the top or sticks her legs out the front entrance. She had a big roach two days ago, so I don't think I will see much of her for a while. :D

Psalmopoeus cambridgei gets bolder as it gets bigger, so hopefully you'll get to see yours more often. (I can't wait until Squirt is a giant green spider.)