unexplained escape to another enclosure.....

Spiderman24

Arachnoknight
Well I was sitting in my room playing dead space 2 and in between matchmaking I usually look over to my bookcase of t's just to marvel for a moment. Well I notice ny p.Subfusca "highland" acting really odd just pacing back and forth but only taking three steps each way. So I go take a look and she stops. Just dead in her tracks stops. Then all of a sudden teleporters to the other side of her enclosure so I figure I spooked her and it was time to leave her be. I go back to playing my game and finish a few matches. Then my curiosity over whelms me and I go take a look at her again only this time.... she's gone. Completely not anywhere to be seen I check her hide nothing big bush of plants nothing open the lid nothing underneath. I start to panic and look around my walls. I check behind and under the book case. She's no where to be found. So I take one last look at the enclosures in front of me before I strip my room. And none of you will ever believe this.... she is on the wall inside of my p.Subfusca "lowlands" enclosure..... while my lowland is in her hide. Now how the heck did this happen? If anyone has any sort of explanations behind this strange happening be my guest and tell me by all means. There was absolutely no way she could have got out and absolutely no way she could have got in!!!!

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
When we say "teleport", we mean it literally... {D

No really, there is no way for us to explain this unless we see pictures of your set up. Sadly, obviously the T was able to escape and get in to the other enclosure somehow, so you have a flaw in both of their enclosures somewhere.

As for us helping you, we can't do much but speculate. Pictures would help though.

Spiderman24

Arachnoknight
Lol yeah teleporters the wonder of pokies Lmao

But that's why I'm so taken back by this. I have never ever had an escape and there seriously no flaw in anything ill see what I can do about pictures. I can actually email you them if you'd like I just can't post from my phone and its my only internet supply besides my ps3 they are all zoo med enclosures both of there's are 12x12x12

jonnyquong

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Is it at all possible that you (or someone else) had previously accidentally placed the spider in the wrong enclosure, and because they were side by side it appeared she was in the right home from a distance? Then when you took a closer look, she had 'transported'?

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If both enclosures are 100% secure, then it would be impossible for what you say happened to have actually happened unless magic was involved. And by magic, I mean that your eyes have been deceived. My guess is that that your "lowlands" t molted and you are seeing the freshly molted "lowland's" t in the enclosure which contrasts from what you are used to seeing in that enclosure, which combined with the fact that you aren't seeing your "highlands" t, that your mind has seen that your highland is now in your lowland's enclosure.

If this isn't the case, then yes, your enclosures have a flaw.

**jonnyquong's solution seems viable as well

Last edited:

Spiderman24

Arachnoknight
ROFL mate you just saved me from insanity.... yes now that you say something two hours prior to this event my mum had her out for ventral shots and pictures for someone interested in buying her. Wow I feel like an idiot. ROFL note to self when Mums got t's out pay attention to which enclosure she's putting them back into ROFL

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

No flaw. Lol just stupidity on my behalf. I should have paid more attention to which enclosures were getting what t and which enclosure I was looking at they are both basically set up the same but its confusing when you see 6 12x12x12 zoo med enclosures side by side

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It happened with my ornata. She could squeeze out of a weak corner (plexiglas work then wasn't my biggest talent), and I found her on the outer side of my regalis enclosure. Both spiders were belly to belly with a thin partition between. Weird.

jonnyquong

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Glad we didn't have to put you in a special jacket in a padded room, and you didn't end up with one fat spider!

Spiderman24

Arachnoknight
They do quite well together actually I'm just not willing to risk it. Lol but thank god yes no padded room for me lol

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
*not to self* Never allow mother to get near the enclosures. :D But well, maybe it will tach you that now. :D My mother comes to my place to check on my spiders and just refil the water dish if empty when I am away from home, otherwise I don't allow anyone else near to touch my T's. :cool:

Spiderman24

Arachnoknight
Ah I trust my mum with them.(most of the time) lol she's actually the one that got me into the hobby itself. She sneaks a handle in every now and again too. Lol biggest shock is waking up to your mother holding an obt saying "Awh isn't she adorable" 0.0 She's trying to talk me into trading one of my subfuscas for a pedersini. Lol

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ah I trust my mum with them.(most of the time) lol she's actually the one that got me into the hobby itself. She sneaks a handle in every now and again too. Lol biggest shock is waking up to your mother holding an obt saying "Awh isn't she adorable" 0.0 She's trying to talk me into trading one of my subfuscas for a pedersini. Lol
She handles your obt?! Brave mom...

tarantulagirl10

Arachnobaron
Everything gets blamed on the mothers :}
LOL that's funny. You thought you had a magic spider didn't you ? lol