Unexpected surprise :)

Kirsten

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I was at the pet store today getting some mice for my snake and was looking at the T's. They had a T labeled as a Guyana pink toe, so I'm thinking: Nice, I need another Avicularia avicularia since my MM is on his way out. Well, after some hemming and hawing and fighting with myself, I take this little 4+LS female to the register. I am looking at her in the better light there and discover she's not an A. avic but a an Avicularia metallica instead. I'm super happy right now. I had her out on my hand puttingher in her temporary quarters and she shot poop right at my son's face.{D
0920101559.jpg

Versi*JP*Color

Arachnoknight
Doesn't even look close to an A.metallica to me.:?
I don't need a light to see white hairs on my A.metallica.

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, you can see the long hairs. The Avic avic has shorter, less pronounced hairs.

And in all fairness, that picture has alot of strange coloours to it..

Kirsten

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I know you can't see it in this picture, but trust me it's all there. I couldn't for the life of me get it to come out showing on my cellphone. Oh well.

Nicole

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
IDK if you are being serious or not.. But Petco is a chain pet store..
I am being serious, because several of them across the country right now are selling A. metallica as A. avicularia. So, if anyone has been looking for A. metallica, he or she may do well to check a local Petco.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am being serious, because several of them across the country right now are selling A. metallica as A. avicularia. So, if anyone has been looking for A. metallica, he or she may do well to check a local Petco.
Nevermind.. I apologize.. I read your comment as.. "What is Petco by chance?" After reading this comment.. I reread your first comment to see.. "Was it Petco by chance?" :eek:

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
We cant I.D. by that photo. Frustrating for us.. {D

Oh i might have to go check out petco for an A. metallica then. :drool:

groovyspider

Arachnoknight
es at my local pet co there a 4 inch female it was on glass in a corner so couldnt tell anycolors but only 27.99 not horrible

bloodred1889

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
so unfair your petshops sell tarantulas aswell, here we have two reptile shops, both sell a small selection and when you get a rare one they go fast and by rare i mean obts, gbbs, a.geniculater ect, they may be commen in the usa but a pinktoe here is exotic ;)

and anyway most of our petshops have closed down we have a pets at home miles away from me, but in bournemouth we dont have one petstore, there are other scattered around but there small one offf shops.
i dont have a car but i once went to a place miles away from me and they had tarantulas, but i wasnt buying that day.
i also tried southern aquatics but they are fare away and they dont have many.

sigh* wish i could live in america or ayt least can britail catch up please!!
;)

redrumpslump

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It looks like an a.avic IMO. It looks like red hairs on her abdomen, but the photo is also a little blurry so I may be wrong.

Matt

Kirsten

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
She does have the red and long white hairs. I'm thinking hybrid as well. This genus is so muddled, heck, she could be part Vulcan for all I know!:)