Unexpected surprise :)

Hanes

Arachnosquire
so unfair your petshops sell tarantulas aswell, here we have two reptile shops, both sell a small selection and when you get a rare one they go fast and by rare i mean obts, gbbs, a.geniculater ect, they may be commen in the usa but a pinktoe here is exotic ;)

and anyway most of our petshops have closed down we have a pets at home miles away from me, but in bournemouth we dont have one petstore, there are other scattered around but there small one offf shops.
i dont have a car but i once went to a place miles away from me and they had tarantulas, but i wasnt buying that day.
i also tried southern aquatics but they are fare away and they dont have many.

sigh* wish i could live in america or ayt least can britail catch up please!!
;)
At least ours are cheaper over here

Maxrpm

Arachnopeon
The taratula that got me into the hobby was purchased at petco and sold as a A. Avic for 17 bucks. Come to find out it was actually a A. Metallica.

Unfortunately I knew nothing about T's and turns out he was an older MM. Still have him but I doubt he'll last the week. Poor guy can't climb anymore and kinda just scoots around on the substrate.

Oh and I purchased him back in Feburary.

Kirsten

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks:D And thanks for bringing back bunny. Bunny,Bunny,Bunny:clap:

Draychen

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Tell me, are those 'bands' around the joints in her legs that I see?

Versi*JP*Color

Arachnoknight
Is it real to breed different Avic species??? :eek: I only heard about Brachy hybrids often, never about Avics..:?
Avicularia is a very muddy genus.
A.avic a.metallica a.braunshauseni.....
They are accidentily bred a lot resulting in hybrids.
You can never be sure if your a.avic is a A.avic really.
And there are many undescribed sp out there.