Unexpected Babycurus Jacksonii brood. Help please?!

Scorpion Luke

Arachnopeon
Came home to a unexpected brood of Babycurus Jacksonii. Had no idea she was pregnant. Never had scorplings before so I could use any and all information from top to bottom. Feeding, Housing, Humidity ext. What will i need in the future when they come off her back? Thanks everyone!!!

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
For housing, do a setup like your adult jacksoni. Get a small container and put a piece of bark in there for them to climb on, they should be good with that to molt on. For humidity, just keep it the same as your adult (maybe a little higher since they are more fragile). Misting works for them to drink, just make sure you don't spray the scorps themselves and that there are a few water droplets on the side where they can drink. For feeding, just use micro crix or another small feeder. They can take down pretty big stuff for their size, so just try to find something that is about their size or under. While they are on the Mom's back, they will molt into a second instar. Then they will get off the Mom's back, so just collect them and put them into their own containers. How many babies? You could sell some on this forum if you don't want the 18-22 some babies ;) I would certainly be interested :D Good luck with your new slings!

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Leave her be for now, but mist as usual, just take care not to disturb her too much. Mist the enclosure and sub, not her herself haha.

Once they babies leave, WeightedAbyss is right, they will leave, then you can sell them or keep a few for yourself. They usually eat a few days after hardening up after their second molt

Scorpion Luke

Arachnopeon
Sounds good! Not sure how many she had only got to see her for a minute. When i turned the lights on she ran and shes hiding under some cork bark at the moment. I'm going to keep a few for sure but I'd be more than willing to sell the rest! I'll try to get some pictures if she wanders out again. =)

Pipa

Arachnoknight
takes about two weeks sometimes even three for everyone to climb down off the mom's back... as mentioned above, separate them in small sauce cups and feed them weekly. There is a high mortality rate with the babies on this species ( in my experience ).

Scorpion Luke

Arachnopeon
takes about two weeks sometimes even three for everyone to climb down off the mom's back... as mentioned above, separate them in small sauce cups and feed them weekly. There is a high mortality rate with the babies on this species ( in my experience ).
Okay thanks for the info