T. kahlenbergi Underrated species?

Froggeo

Arachnopeon
I noticed here seems to generally be less info available about T. kahlenbergi online than many other 'beginner' NW's. From searching through these boards, I got the picture that it isnt all that common In folks' collections either, at least when compared to other Brachypelma/Tliltocatl. Is It just underrated or Is this about availability? It's a beautiful and docile spider in my own (admittedly short) experience :sad:

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
It is harder to find than a lot of Brachys and Tliltocatl. The hobby “staples” are typically labeled that because of their availability, price, temperament, and ease of care. If you can find it, I’d assume it would be perfectly fine for a beginner and probably very close in terms of husbandry to say the T. albopilosus. I could be wrong, as I have yet to see one for sale and therefore do not have this T in my collection.

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
I think it's about availability. I haven't seen them for sale very often and they're pretty expensive compared to most the other brachypelma/tliltocatl. I don't really think any species of this genera is underrated, as they are all extremely popular. Baumgerteni aren't offered as often as some of the others as well at least from what I've seen in the past couple years. If you keep your eyes open you'll find one though

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
  • Encyocratella olivacea
  • Orphnaecus philippinus
  • Ornithoctonus aureotibialis
  • Tliltocatl schroederi

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My guess is that kahlenbergi looks too much like vagans, so it is often set aside for the more common one ! It's probably a tad more expensive than vagans, so many don't see the appeal of paying more for a look-alike.

Edit : Checked a dealer that has both. They're both 25$ as 1/4" slings. Kahlenbergi also doesn't seem as vibrant as vagans.

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
Looks like my T vagans 🤣😭

• Encyocratella olivacea
  • Orphnaecus philippinus
  • Ornithoctonus aureotibialis
  • Tliltocatl schroederi
Although it isn’t the subject, I absolutely agree on the O. philippinus being underrated. My little guy is already orange!

Froggeo

Arachnopeon
Thanks for answering you all! Yeah, I suppose I didn't think they'd be generally so unavailable since my local dealer happened to have some.

And for the rest of you who didn't read my whole post.... Yeah I could've worded the header better :embarrassed: But I appreciate your input as well