Underrated inverts

pentapede

Arachnosquire
There are some inverts that I feel are incredibly underkept in the hobby, that I believe are really cool here are just some of the species/genus's that I believe are underkept.
Omus sp.
Colosoma sp. (other than C.scrutator)
omorphon sp.
Neobarrettia spinosa
Gelastocoridae

If there are any others you would add to this list please tell me thanks :)

fcat

Arachnodemon
Arachnosupporter
Coccinellidae, not sure if they can be considered underrated but I don't see anyone talking about them as pets/on this site

Also anything that @Biollantefan54 posts 😍

Ultum4Spiderz

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter
Pretty much all roaches are underrated I wish they got there own forum my questions usually get buried . Orange heads smell kinda bad but are cool 😎 .. I know most species are considered feeders but one guy had hundreds of pet species here .

herpetogeorgie

Arachnopeon
I was firmly anti roach until I found out about flower roaches...

Bring on the roach section on arachnoboards is all I'm saying

catboyeuthanasia

Arachnosquire
I used to hate land planaria but now I respect them as a pet on their own right.

Carnivorous snails.

Schizomids

There are a lot of underrated aquatic species. Leeches, giant water bugs, fishing spiders to name a few freshwater ones. There are a lot of cool marine crabs that can't really be kept in most reef tanks, like decorator crabs or staghorn crabs.

pentapede

Arachnosquire
I used to hate land planaria but now I respect them as a pet on their own right.

Carnivorous snails.

Schizomids

There are a lot of underrated aquatic species. Leeches, giant water bugs, fishing spiders to name a few freshwater ones. There are a lot of cool marine crabs that can't really be kept in most reef tanks, like decorator crabs or staghorn crabs.
I absolute agree! Land planaria are awesome, and I really wish i could find schizomids. I totally agree with you that giant water bugs are underrated.

catboyeuthanasia

Arachnosquire
I absolute agree! Land planaria are awesome, and I really wish i could find schizomids. I totally agree with you that giant water bugs are underrated.
I'd send you some if you are from Southern Canada. They are really reclusive though. I put two in a tank, and occasionally see a few little ones Whenever I clean. I got the parthanogenic ones from that Gil Wizen has.

pentapede

Arachnosquire
I'd send you some if you are from Southern Canada. They are really reclusive though. I put two in a tank, and occasionally see a few little ones Whenever I clean. I got the parthanogenic ones from that Gil Wizen has.
Even if they are reclusive, I might take you up on that offer, but It would be a shipment from Canada too the US…Is that even legal?

Last edited:

pentapede

Arachnosquire
I remember when i first saw on under a rock, I was like "what the fax machine is that thing"!

wizentrop

to the rescue!
Old Timer
@pentapede I have successfully shipped schizomids to the US, so feel free to message me if that's something you'd be interested in.

HappyLittleDaydream

Arachnopeon
Pretty much all roaches are underrated I wish they got there own forum my questions usually get buried . Orange heads smell kinda bad but are cool 😎 .. I know most species are considered feeders but one guy had hundreds of pet species here .
Do you know, can allergies be developed by keeping ~all~ species of roaches, or is it limited to only certain kinds? That's what's preventing me from getting more varieties than I currently have.