underheater on bottom of plastic tote??

DrGigglez666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Do any of yall think a under pad heater would burn through a big plastic tote thats see through??

Zarathustra

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Do any of yall think a under pad heater would burn through a big plastic tote thats see through??
I can’t speak for all heating pads, but I have used a few different varieties and never had a problem. I say go for it.

ZooRex

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I always keep in mind that a piece of paper won't ignight till it reaches 451F. If your goal is to reach about 90F, and the heatmat may only get to say 120F underneath the sweaterbox or aquarium, there is a long way to go before anything serious could happen. But it is still recomended that there is some airflow around the heatmat, I ussually lay a piece of cardboard that is cut to fit around the mat under the container. ~ Rex

DrGigglez666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Good idea

I always keep in mind that a piece of paper won't ignight till it reaches 451F. If your goal is to reach about 90F, and the heatmat may only get to say 120F underneath the sweaterbox or aquarium, there is a long way to go before anything serious could happen. But it is still recomended that there is some airflow around the heatmat, I ussually lay a piece of cardboard that is cut to fit around the mat under the container. ~ Rex

yea their will be airflow and thanks i might try the cardboard thing never thought about that haha!

TNeal

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I use human heating pads under all of my roaches and reptiles. I have been doing that for years. I have never had a problem.

Tom

K-TRAIN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i used a small uth under a see through plastic shoebox a few weeks back. if its a "mini" (recommended for critter keepers) i dont see a problem with it. thats what i used. if its bigger, im not sure. i only tried it in a emergency when my one leo was sick.