Underground sling

Devin B

Arachnobaron
Hello everyone i bought myself my very first T (a b. Smithi sling) a few weeks ago from petco. After doing more reasearch i found out the petco enclosure is terrible so i made a new one. After a few days in it he went under the substrate and come up since. Its been about two weeks. Should i be worried. Ill add pictures of his new and old enclosures

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Hello everyone i bought myself my very first T (a b. Smithi sling) a few weeks ago from petco. After doing more reasearch i found out the petco enclosure is terrible so i made a new one. After a few days in it he went under the substrate and come up since. Its been about two weeks. Should i be worried. Ill add pictures of his new and old enclosures
Nope it is fine. A lot of Ts will burrow as slings and stay down there where it's safe till they molt. Usually they come out when they are hungry or in need of water. Keep the substrate lightly moist and make sure it has access to water (a dish if it fits in the enclosure). If you want you can wait a week or so and try leaving a prekilled food item in over night and see if it comes out to eat.

BTW how big is the T?

Devin B

Arachnobaron
Nope it is fine. A lot of Ts will burrow as slings and stay down there where it's safe till they molt. Usually they come out when they are hungry or in need of water. Keep the substrate lightly moist and make sure it has access to water (a dish if it fits in the enclosure). If you want you can wait a week or so and try leaving a prekilled food item in over night and see if it comes out to eat.

BTW how big is the T?
The little guy or girl is about the size of my pinky finget nail. Im guessing i got it at about 2nd or 3rd instar

Attachments

Trenor

Arachnoprince
The little guy or girl is about the size of my pinky finget nail. Im guessing i got it at about 2nd or 3rd instar
I'd add in a small water dish (tiny botted water caps work well) to ensure it has water. It'll most likely stay barricaded in it burrow till it needs something (food or water) where it is safe.

Here is the old enclosure. Yes, thats some sort of spongy foam they have instead of substrate
Yeah, I've seen those before. They are not very good for your T. Your new enclosure looks good though. I'm glad to see you got the little guy setup right.

Devin B

Arachnobaron
I wanted to give you guys an update, my sling dug itself out now. The little fella is about 1/4 inch bigger and has gotten a lot more black. He had a mealworm today and hes doing great.

Attachments