[Warning] Underground Reptiles

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
abhorrent pet store experience

My boyfriend and I are currently camped out in Fort Lauderdale hoping to dodge the worst of Dorian.

We were looking for something to do this morning so we looked up exotics stores in the area. We ended up at a place called Underground Reptiles.

(First thing we noticed was bible passages all over the windows which was bizarre but not concerning.)

When we got in, I went straight for the T’s and THE FIRST thing I saw was an emaciated and obviously dead stirmi! I took out my phone and first let the clerk know that I’m deaf (so he knew why I was tying) and that I noticed his t. stirmi was dead.

We walked back over to the enclosure. He knocked on the glass and then picked up the enclosure, dumped the T in the trash and put the empty enclosure back on the shelf. I just wanted to see if he had thoughts on the situation so I asked him what he thought might have gone wrong. He said “stirmi just die” O....KAY??

The other tarantulas were in pretty horrible conditions. Literally just housed in catch cups with nowhere to move, no water dishes etc.

They also had a lot of slings and I asked about the price of 1 centimeter(?) b. klaasi sling.

I noped the hell out of there. Depressing.

Last edited by a moderator: