[Inquiry] Underground Reptiles (Undergroundrept)

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I've seen they're ads, but I can't find a single review anywhere. Has anyone dealt with them before?

Obelisk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've been to their shop a couple of times and bought scorpions from them. Their animals look good and they're nice people in my experience.

ametan

Arachnoknight
I'd like to know as well.

I'm thinking of buying some Ts from them, but I'm wary with no reviews.

Can anyone help, please?

Last edited by a moderator:

ametan

Arachnoknight
is this them?

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?p=1583159

i don't easily google anything bad about "Undergroundrept". of course, i don't easily google ANYTHING about "Undergroundrept", either
That's them. I've got that lukewarm review, a review some woman put up referring to a birthday party they worked for her kid, and some iffy customer service in the emails I sent them.

Not impressed. Don't think I'm going to try them out. Rian (who answered me) was terse and matter-of-fact and did not answer all of my questions. If they had helpful customer service, I might have considered it even with the one iffy review to go on.

UndergroundRept

Arachnopeon
Let me know if I can personally answer any questions for you about our business. Thank you for looking into us. :clap:

JungleCage

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173698 here you go! read further then the first review..... id buy from them.

reading the reviews about the 13 and 14 yrlds that didn't like the customer service doesnt sway me from doing business with them. to me it sounds like a bunch of immature kids combined with a bunch of hearsay. everyone that actually bought stuff from them and has been to thier shop is happy with them

thebugfreak

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
they were friendly, but i didnt have a really good experience with them because they didnt update their stock availability so i ordered something that was out of stock. i waited three weeks and i finally e-mailed them and they replied saying that it was out of stock. and that they would ship it ASAP. so i was a little ticked off since they didnt notify me sooner and they should update their availability frequently, but i said ok. two weeks passed and i e-mailed them again and they said that the product has been discontinued. so i ask for my money back, but they didnt reply to my e-mail. so i contact them on the boards, and they tell me to call them. so i did, and they said that i needed to talk to the manager and tell them when i bought it and stuff. so after about two to three more weeks, i finally got my money back. but it was like two dollars short. but i didnt want to deal with it. not worth 2 bucks. but the workers seemed really friendly and patient with me.

i would probably buy again since they seemed honest, but next time, ill be asking a lot of questions before giving them money.

SoniceSoap

Arachnopeon
They seem to have good reviews everywhere but yelp lol.

Can anyone confirm how trustworthy they are when it comes to shipping inverts? Like scorpions and such.

CheckThrust

ArachnoPilot
Old Timer
I can't comment on inverts but I've purchased multiple snakes from them over the years and have always had a positive experience.

Scorp510

Arachnopeon
I wouldn't personally. Not for scorps. So far ive bought an H.Hottentotta only lived 2 weeks and then tried to buy a A.Crassicauda but they ended up sending a australis that had damage to it exo skeleton. They gave me half what the animal was worth in store credit. After that i only buy from breeders. Way more worth it if you can find a trust worthy one.

Wesley Barnum

Arachnosquire
not to long back, I ordered two T's from this place, in hence sight I probably should've asked this first before I ordered. but never late to ask now I guess lol. my experience with them has been okay, they delayed my order because of the heat, which is very understanding. but they wouldn't ship to my ups center, because it closes at 1pm? keep in mind, the center is literally in the next town over, it's like a 15min drive to it. I'm not too sure about it, maybe they fear that it'll be there for too long or something, idk. but it still to me feels funny. I've also heard some people having issues getting refunds from them. either taking to long, or just not doing it.:meh:
but I'd love to hear if anyone else's experiences are better. or maybe you have a god awful time with them. please do share.

The Seraph

Arachnolord
not to long back, I ordered two T's from this place, in hence sight I probably should've asked this first before I ordered. but never late to ask now I guess lol. my experience with them has been okay, they delayed my order because of the heat, which is very understanding. but they wouldn't ship to my ups center, because it closes at 1pm? keep in mind, the center is literally in the next town over, it's like a 15min drive to it. I'm not too sure about it, maybe they fear that it'll be there for too long or something, idk. but it still to me feels funny. I've also heard some people having issues getting refunds from them. either taking to long, or just not doing it.:meh:
but I'd love to hear if anyone else's experiences are better. or maybe you have a god awful time with them. please do share.
I have not heard good things about them. I would go check out their Yelp page.

Attachments

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
I know that they were originally to be avoided but lately, I’ve hears extremely good things about them. I was just curious if anyone had any recent transactions with them(as in within a couple years or so).

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Me and a friend of mine ordered from them before and the results of quality is very dependent on what you order. They're actually a really good and really bad seller/dealer all at once, I know it doesn't make sense but here's our story.

I've ordered two tarantulas from them before just to see how bad they really were and here's how it went:
This was an order from about 2 years ago and it was during summer, so as soon as I ordered from them they gave me a verification call stating age (no underage order obviously) and that the temps were too hot and they will ship next week, which to my surprise they were right. So that was first impressions, now let's get to where it gets rough. The order did come on time, but there was an issue on how the order was packed. The T.'s were not packed properly as they came in 10-12 oz delicups with holes placed randomly around the container and a paper towel or two thrown in the container in a messy manner which the T. was holding on the paper towel upside down which luckily was still alive. Which their was some substrate in the container and oh boy it was wood chips (very sharp wood chips). Basically from my guess, they just scooped the T.'s with the substrate (woodchips) and thrown papertowels and shipped them off to me. Ever since then I never ordered any inverts from them. Both came alive, but the packaging of the T.'s was unacceptable to me.

Now here's the story of my African bullfrog order:
I know they had a reputable thing for reptiles so I thought they will ship amphibians with the same care, but that wasn't the case. What happened was that I ordered my CB baby African bullfrog and the typical call to me and whatnot. So the issue was how the animal was shipped. When the order came in, the animal itself was in cocofiber, which you don't ship frogs in substrate. So what happened was that I got a dirty black delicup full of wet cocofiber because the substrate flew all around the delicup during shipping, which actually was very bad for the little frog. What happened was that the poor little thing had suffered quite the eye damage and irritation which one of it's eyes was partly closed due to the substrate flying all around the poor frogs eye. So then I spent an additional 5-7 days treating it back to normal and I posted a picture on here on the boards after that. So be warned of substrate if you order frogs from there.

<edit>

Conclusion:
Only order CB reptiles from there and avoid inverts, amphibians, WC animals, etc. because at the end of the day they focus on reptiles and not much else.

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
Last edited:

centipedeman

Arachnopeon
I’ve been looking for more centipedes and I’ve noticed they have a cool stock of some, I looked up reviews about them and could only find stuff about their reptiles, anybody have any advice?

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
ADMIN NOTE:

If anyone has a review to share from their own first hand experience from a recent transaction that they consider to be completed, it can ONLY be posted in the seller's review item, which can be found here: https://arachnoboards.com/reviews-reports/underground-reptiles.157/

Anything else WILL BE REMOVED and warnings issued!

Here is a link to the seller's original review thread from our old reviews forum: https://arachnoboards.com/threads/underground-reptiles-deerfield-beach-fl.169270/

Here is a link to their warning thread: https://arachnoboards.com/threads/underground-reptiles.324108/

Debby

Last edited:

KillBoxSpider

Arachnopeon
i use to deal with them more there legit they ship out nothing shows up dead more of a reptile site tho to be honest never ordered a t from them good place to get monitors and snakes tho

Ebugz

Arachnopeon
I have heard of underground reptiles and they seem to have a good supply of insects but I haven’t seen many reviews and the ones I do find are of reptiles and how they are shipped but I reptile shopping is a little different from big shipping does anyone have any experience buying with them?