Under Rated?

Enki40

Arachnopeon
I posted this topic on another board; just thought I would pose the question here as well:

I've heard the term "under rated " used by hobbyist & dealers when describing some species of tarantula. I assume they're suggesting that a particular species isn't very "popular ", or just not highly sought after when this term is used. What are some of your favorite "under rated " species?

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'll have to look into some of these T's.
Check out the tripepii. Everyone has a coloro,or chromatus.I bet there are only a handful of us on here with tripepii. They get bigger,look better( thats just an opinion) and they have this sweet "I'm going to chew your face off,and then kick hairs at it" personality. The slow,deliberate threat postures that ours give us are hilarious,and menacing at the same time.

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That is quite an interesting choice........To ME,they are over rated,not UNDER rated.
Sometimes I forget you can't tell sarcasm on the internet without a specific mark. Let me clarify my post

P metallica *sarcasm

I think that A genics are underrated. Great eaters! Same with the G pulchripes. I'm a big fan of Ts that don't feel the need to hide. My largest LP sits in the exact middle of its tank most of the time. It's awesome.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sometimes I forget you can't tell sarcasm on the internet without a specific mark. Let me clarify my post

P metallica *sarcasm

I think that A genics are underrated. Great eaters! Same with the G pulchripes. I'm a big fan of Ts that don't feel the need to hide. My largest LP sits in the exact middle of its tank most of the time. It's awesome.
Yep,my computer lacks the sarcasm button.

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
:? Didn't realize they were THAT underrated but okay....+ 1 for both A geniculata and N tripepii.

edit- Brett, Sure you're not feeding your tripepii gunpowder or making them drag cinder blocks around? 0-;

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
:? Didn't realize they were THAT underrated but okay....+ 1 for both A geniculata and N tripepii.

edit- Brett, Sure you're not feeding your tripepii gunpowder or making them drag cinder blocks around? 0-;
Glass shards and Wild Turkey. Every now and then I tie one up the the car and whip it like a horse.Takes me forever to get to work though.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Man a lot of the spiders listed here are actually kinda popular and not under rated at all!Psalmopeus for example is quite common in collections and people buy them up like crazy.
Some spiders that I personally feel deserve a lot more attention are:

Cyriopagopus schioedtei - Absolutely stunning species!Very colorful and reach impressive sizes as adults.I have no idea why but it seems like not to many hobbyists are interested in them.

Phlogius crassipes - Very cool spiders often overlooked due to there brownish color.These spiders get huge and are out in the open a lot unlike many other burrowing species.I think the Aussie T's in general deserve a bit more attention!Really just awesome spiders!

Chilobrachys fimbriatus - This species used to be very popular but is often sold dirt cheap now and not really hyped up very much.They have beautiful markings and while there not the most colorful they make up for it with there size and attitude hehe.They also are one of the best webbers I've seen and make excellent captives!

I think alot of the species I keep here are under rated but most collectors arent really into some of these random Asian species I love so much hehe!
Either way its all about what You like not whats most rare/uncommon under rated.
-Chris