Under-rated/Under appreciated T’s

Metallattorney

Arachnopeon
Ceratogyrus sanderi. I do not see this one mentioned too often. It is a ceratogyrus species that does not have the horn, but I think it s a beautiful brown and tan tarantula with an interesting plate where the horn is on other species. Not to mention, the darker coloration around the eyes.

244086048_1047241519342295_4382441402295720195_n.webp(1).jpg

Kibosh

Arachnoknight
Any of the Tapinauchenius.

Seldom seen in most people's collection, beautiful, lots of personality, always keep you on your toes in rehouses. Lol

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Seeing a few people confusing "uncommon" with "underrated", some of the species mentioned would be in more peoples' collections if they were cheaper/more readily available.

Here's a couple that are pretty easy to get hold of that are usually overlooked.

Marlana

Arachnoknight
Euathlus species from Chile! Gorgeous colors on a lot of them and just as docile as G.rosea/porteri. I hope we don’t lose them from the hobby now that Chile is closed for export.

Timc

Arachnosquire
Lasiadora parahybana checks all my boxes; cheap, great eater, gets enormous, always out, and actually a really really beautiful spider. I think because of their constant availability and the fact most dealers just give them away basically they’re completely over looked, especially by newer keepers. Also, they’re not blue/green/purple lightning bolts with venom that will earn you a prescription so a lot of people “building” towards OWs just pass them by.

VukSRB

Arachnosquire
Grammostola iheringi for sure #1 underestimated species. They are the largest, fastest growing and most beautiful Grammostola out there. It can reach 9 inches

Jesse607

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I agree with so many that were mentioned (especially any/all Tliltocatl), but I would say Aphonopelma hentzi deserves much more attention. They really are stunning after a molt, but it is hard to capture in photographs. I have three, one adult female and two juvie females, and they are all quite active, feisty eaters, and love redecorating their enclosure often.

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A. hentzi is one I would love to own at one point, it's raising a 1/4" sling to adulthood that makes me hesitate. I'm afraid of losing it during its fragile sling stages.