Unboxing of everyone's favorite T :3333

petkokc

Arachnosquire
Finally I'm proud owner of Poecilotheria metallica female :cool:
And she was kind enough to let me film her strolling around my living room :laugh:

[video=youtube;MpWAgot7u-A]https://youtu.be/MpWAgot7u-A[/video]

cold blood

Staff member
If that was how it was packed to be shipped to you, it was just awful, I can't believe it survived.

Aside from that :wall:

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If that was how it was packed to be shipped to you, it was just awful, I can't believe it survived.

Agreed! Omg horrible packing job!!!! Scary bad! Can't imagine her arriving unscathed after being shipped like that. Sooooo lucky the ups guy didn't shake the package.

Congrats on ur new addition, what a beaut!

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
I certainly hope she doesn't have any internal injuries. Keep an eye on her for the next few weeks. I can't believe anyone would ship like that!

shawno821

Arachno Pimp
Yes,really bad packing there,glad she arrived alive for you.She should have been "packed tight" in a container surrounded by paper towels,to where she couldn't move around her container.

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince

My 1st thoughts when he opened the box. I'm just glad she appears to be okay...

To OP. Congrats on your new addition! She sure is pretty!

petkokc

Arachnosquire
Hey hey guys calm down, she was delivered personally to me by the guy who sold me and came with his car. ^^

Last edited:

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
There is no 'everyone's favorite' tarantula; it certainly wouldn't be if Poecilotheria if there was.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
There is no 'everyone's favorite' tarantula; it certainly wouldn't be if Poecilotheria if there was.
im with poec here. its a nice T, yes. pretty, sure.. but by no means even hits my personal top 20, or even top 30 :p

petkokc

Arachnosquire
I couldn't agree more; It's just thread name, not a serious statement. :D
But you can't deny that metallica got that wow effect, it's one of those tarantulas that, when you first see it you are like "omg I want that".

Can you remember when you first saw it?

I'm relatively new to hobby so I can, I saw it when I was researching for my first T...I couldn't believe that "spider" can be blue and
look like that...and it's kinda a big thing for me that I got it now :3

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
my comment was more of a sarcasm as aposed to "your wrong!"

But you can't deny that metallica got that wow effect, it's one of those tarantulas that, when you first see it you are like "omg I want that".
again no go ;) first one i seen was a MM and all i thought was "hmm.. realy blue, unique..." [i have a thing for uncommon colored animals] "..old world you say?..meh no thanks..." XD
i still help out with them at a buddies lmao but not something i want in my collection

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Everyone has different tastes and preferences. My hubby also LOVES P. Metallica. But I'm like "meh".. i'm more for M. Balfouri, psalmopoeus spp. and Cyriopagopus spp. :p

But I get what you meant OP :) a lot of people gush and drool over metallica, especially newcomers.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Everyone has different tastes and preferences. My hubby also LOVES P. Metallica. But I'm like "meh".. i'm more for M. Balfouri, psalmopoeus spp. and Cyriopagopus spp. :p

But I get what you meant OP :) a lot of people gush and drool over metallica, especially newcomers.
dont spoil my fun lola im just giving him a hard time for saying everyones favorite ;)

PMMEYOURTs

Arachnopeon

I'm with your husband on that. They are meh/10 (personally, I think H mac has a MUCH more striking appearance)

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
you can't deny that metallica got that wow effect...I couldn't believe that "spider" can be blue

Blue is relatively common in the tarantula world, much more so than red, green, etc.

With the speed and venom potential, the average tarantula person shouldn't own a Poecilotheria until they've got a few years of experience under their belt. There are many people that should never own a Poecilotheria.

Last edited: