Ummm? What to do?

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
Hello everyone, some of you know already I had ano A. metallica sac in the process. I've literally just walked into the T room to find mama Avic out and about and the eggsac suspected from the wood inside the enclosure So......What do I do next?

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Just leave her be. Maybe moisten the sub a tiny bit, but after that, leave her be.

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
Just leave her be. Maybe moisten the sub a tiny bit, but after that, leave her be.
I didn't realize the water dish was dry. She was laying in the water dish so I had to give her some. Is that ok?

I wasn't prepared for this :/ I've never seen a suspended egg sac or read about them happening.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
I didn't realize the water dish was dry. She was laying in the water dish so I had to give her some. Is that ok?

I wasn't prepared for this :/ I've never seen a suspended egg sac or read about them happening.
Should be fine, though I've heard of t's dunking their eggsacs into water dishes. Not sure if they do that with suspended sacs (suspended sacs rofl), I'd fill it up a little then pour out most of the rest. Perhaps someone with more experience will chime in, I'm only going off of what I've read and researched.

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
Should be fine, though I've heard of t's dunking their eggsacs into water dishes. Not sure if they do that with suspended sacs (suspended sacs rofl), I'd fill it up a little then pour out most of the rest. Perhaps someone with more experience will chime in, I'm only going off of what I've read and researched.
Other than fill the dish somega I haven't done anything I don't want the poor girl to get stressed. thanks for the reassuring comments.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Alot of arboreal species will attach the eggsac to there brood chamber or a piece of wood in your case with a strand of silk so that it's safe while they hunt or take a drink.. She will return to it..

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
Alot of arboreal species will attach the eggsac to there brood chamber or a piece of wood in your case with a strand of silk so that it's safe while they hunt or take a drink.. She will return to it..
That's what I assumed she was doing. That's so cool that they do that. When researching breeding/eggsac info I didn't see any mentions of the mom spider suspending the eggs like that. I guess just another reason to love Ts.

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I would let her get a good drink and dump the water dish after. Ts have definitely put an egg sac or two in the water. Some moms just aren't good moms the first time around.