Ummidia Breeding

ReignofInvertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Has anyone ever successfully bred this genus in captivity? I might be getting a pair but if they’re super difficult to pair or something I might pass on them.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
I've never dealt with trapdoors, but they're native here in my state where I live and I've only seen one before in the wild which was a mature male. It was around July and about a two years ago but that's the only one I've ever sighted. It was cool since they're not usually located in my county. But from my knowledge of them is that they breed in the warmer months June-July. I don't know much, but I hope this little bit of info helps.

Dead Blue Deer

Arachnopeon
I found this gal in late July of this year in my neighborhood - https://arachnoboards.com/threads/big-beautiful-ummidia-trapdoor-spider.336244/

Last year, I found a male, also at the end of July, while blacklighting with a bunch of entomologists. I'm not sure if he was the same species or not, because we were at a higher elevation. But he was definitely out and about searching for females, so that gives you a time frame of when they seem to breed. (Location: SE Arizona)

I love this genus and the gal I have is so beautiful and fun to watch (even if she's a box of dirt most of the time).

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
I know @Aphonopelma81 has bred them. From what I've heard from him it's definitely possible, but spiderlings will then climb to the top of the enclosure and attempt to balloon, thus dooming themselves unless you can set up a large, blank room with a fan or something like that to make that possible.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

ReignofInvertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So I now have a mature pair of these. Should I wait until their natural breeding season in the summer or will they mate any time of year so long as I mimic the environmental conditions? My only concern of waiting is that I know males don’t live particularly long once mature.