Umm, a quick beginner question, please.

elyanalyous

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
my Entomology professer would dissagree with you.... all arthropods (including arachnida) have a set number of molts. it varies between species, but it is there.

Arachnid-tiles

Arachnopeon
Yes, I know.

Well, I probably can't get any pictures up untill tomorrow, but as soon as I can, I will.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I read that power feeding just shortens their lifespans just closer to maturity. I dont think Ts have a set number of molts before they die(unless they are male)
They have a set number, however it may very from species to species, an OBT might mold 15 times and thats it and die..... a smithi might have 30 molts and die....... but there is a set amount there. You cant say this species is going to molt 6 times and that one is going to molt 10 times, its not like that per say............ But there is a limit.

pinkzebra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I feed my Ts once every 7-14 days. All are healthy and happy. Feeding more often will shorten their lifespan. Not only do I not like the look of a bloated, overfed T, it is can shorten their lifespan and they are more at risk of rupturing should they fall. Less often is better, IMHO. Good luck to you!

Jen

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ohhh well then you guys are most likely right, I just never read anything like this till now, but I still don't get why does one T(same species) die of old age with fewer molts and another with more?