Votes: 35 83.3%
  • feed him to another T

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • euthanize by freezing

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ok, which one of these options do most of you go with when you have a dying ultimate male T...

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Truthfully I would try and breed him, but if he is that far gone I would just keep him fed and happy until nature took its course.

vtecgsr

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I agree with that. I would also try for breeding but with the three choices given i voted keep 'em alive until he died. Unless by your answer "feed him to another t" you meant breeding.

Last edited:

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I would never do anything other than keep them as comfortable as possible, feed them what they want, and let them enjoy their golden years. I have a male A. avic right now that is seven months past his ultimate moult. He survived two matings, and is back home and will recieve tender loving care until he is no longer with us.

WyvernsLair

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
if you have the oportunity to breed the male to a female, then that is the best course of action. At the very least he has a chance to go out in style and if lucky you later get several of his babies to raise up in his honor.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i keep the poor old boy untill its his time to go he cannot help being a male:rolleyes::rolleyes: ;) --- phil

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
More often then not I mate and mate and send to mate till he gets eaten. Once and a while with a special male that I raised ill mate him a lot but when he starts to slow down and is on the downward slope I freeze him and cast him in resin.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
mate him of course. i've never keep the males, i send them on their way to the next female once they have mated with mine. i've never had a male eaten yet (i'm ready with tongs in hand ;)) , but several got eaten after i gave them to friends or breeders. i guess i would freeze a male when he started dropping legs or death curling though. a shame to waste a good meal for a female, but i just don't like the mess it makes and prefer a quick death.