Uk Scorpion keepers

Richard_uk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Firstly, I am new here so I hope this is the correct forum to post this thread in! Moderators, please feel free to kick this thread to the right area if neccesary!

I have been keeping scorpions for just over a year. I can say they are one of the most amazing (and addictive) creatures to keep.
I currently have:

2 m&f Pandinus imperator

1 f? Hadrurus arizonensis

1 f Hadogenes trogolodytes

I am just wondering how many UK scorpion keepers there are here. I am looking to expand my collection but am having difficulty locating other species! I particularly want:

Male hadogenes trogolodytes

Heterometrus spinifer (would LOVE a brown coloured morph)

Euscorpius flavicaudis.

Look forward to speaking with you all!

Dessicata

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Im from UK, but there are hardly any scorpions about, they dont seem to be very popular for some reason :- /

Nikos

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Is there any particular reason that you're only looking for scorps in the UK?
You can find what you want in some other EU country and they all ship to all EU countries.

Dessicata

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i do look elsewhere, but can find no decent european sites in ENGLISH (i can only read/speak french other than english). I have found someone who is from the EU who is going to track down and get me a H. Arizonensis, but there are other inverts/arachnids i am looking for too, that i cannot find in the UK, but again, lack of decent EU sites in english makes this hard..i would appreciate any links you can give me to such sites :)

Lee

Richard_uk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Its just the complications of ordering things from abroad (especially without a credit card, they are the offspring of satin!)
and I don't think I like the idea of how long they would be in transit for.
All that being said, I do have a Nebo? species on its way to me!

Euscorpius Favicaudis is one of my main wants. It is an amazing and attractive little scorp. But it is SO hard to get hold of, even though we have our own naturalised colonies!

Dessicata

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hey, i think bugzuk.com have some of those specie :) I almost bought a trio of Euscorpius Spp. but was pipped at the post :( Wherebouts in UK are you?