Uhaul

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have to rehouse my P cambridgei (2.5 - 3 inches) which is really quick so i need intelligent answers on how to do it...When i intelligent i dont want answers like "really quickly" or "fast without geting bite" I need an actual technique on how it should be done...so if any one has really good ways on how they do it I'd love to hear them..and when would be the best the time for them? during day since they may move a little slower because their nocturnal? or at night when they are at full active mode?...lol..any REAL help is appreciated but if all I'm going to get are smart comments then please don't respond.

Anyone who has this or any of the other members of this genus I'd like to know how you rehoused it.

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just usually use a spare deli cup. Kind of work them into it, while working my bathtub with the drain plugged. If they make it out of the enclosure and onto the tank or tub, its very easy to place the cup over them, and then slike the lid on, and if you get are patient enough you can get them while still int he enclosure (if its large enough to work within).

If its in a vial, but is being put into a large tank, i just take the lid off the vial and place it in the tank and close the tank, let it come out on its own and them take the vial out.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This is an excellent way to transfer. It was personally done by myself. Enjoy:

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=86390&highlight=how+to+transfer
thanks for that link it was actually the most useful to me...now those baggie things.... i can just get one or two free from the petstore right? because thats what they put crickets in....

i took the lid off my Cambridgei right now so i could see if i would have the guts to try my own way..well he didnt move at all but i was scared that if i didnt cup him right...he may bolt off so i just put the top bacc on immediately lol...but im going to use that method thanks a lot sk8ter for that...

ErikH

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I usually just work in the tub, use a paintbrush to coax them out of one container and into the other. If you can cup the tarantula, you can remove substrate, bark, etc. from the old container so that they don't get in your way.