Uh Oh

runCMD

Arachnopeon
Are these holes too big? Versi just arrived.

Last edited:

basin79

ArachnoGod
Do you have any coconut husk? If so that can be squeezed to plug holes.

runCMD

Arachnopeon
yeah - ill move it to the shipping vial for now and will find an enclosure.

basin79

ArachnoGod
They can shrsd that stuff. Either remove the spider and fill up the big holes with hot glue or rehouse altogether.
Good to know. I've used it it for mantids and assassin bugs in the past. Thought it'd work for T's too.

runCMD

Arachnopeon
Poked some holes in the vial and tossed a piece of bamboo skewer in on top of coco fiber. Anything else I should add for this? Can probably just stay in here until It's ready for the deli container.

Rob1985

This user has no status.
That's size vial will work just fine for a little while

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Poked some holes in the vial and tossed a piece of bamboo skewer in on top of coco fiber. Anything else I should add for this? Can probably just stay in here until It's ready for the deli container.

Some leafy clutter will be appreciated i think.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
It's best to just use a new enclosure and poke the right sized holes.

I usually wait till they come in to make their enclosures up. I unpack them into holding cups and then setup the enclosure. There have been several times where the T was smaller of larger than I thought it was going to be. It also lets me unpack quickly when I have a bunch of Ts. Which lets me make sure they are doing ok before being put in their new homes.

Rob1985

This user has no status.

Not really much more, a small chunk of cork bark or fake leave would better than a bamboo skewer though. However, this will likely be fine.

runCMD

Arachnopeon
Some leafy clutter will be appreciated i think.
for an A. Versicolor? I assumed it would web up the vial, but I do know slings behave differently sometimes.

I usually wait till they come in to make their enclosures up. I unpack them into holding cups and then setup the enclosure. There have been several times where the T was smaller of larger than I thought it was going to be. It also lets me unpack quickly when I have a bunch of Ts. Which lets me make sure they are doing ok before being put in their new homes.
Definitely should have done that.

Rob1985

This user has no status.
for an A. Versicolor? I assumed it would web up the vial, but I do know slings behave differently sometimes.
Giving the T a place to hide before it starts webbing is never a bad idea.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor

Definitely should have done that.
It needs something to stretch on, so one broad leaf is better than that stick, imo.

runCMD

Arachnopeon

Round 3! Thanks for all the quick last-minute advice :)

I had to whittle that piece down.

runCMD

Arachnopeon
One more noob question if I may(which means I probably shouldn't have picked up the A. Versi but at least I don't have any pokies right?!)

I have some pinhead lats I had purchased with my GBB but it's eating dubias. Should I toss one of those in there now without crushing head or wait a day or two? Don't really have to worry about it burrowing or anything right?

Rob1985

This user has no status.
One more noob question if I may(which means I probably shouldn't have picked up the A. Versi but at least I don't have any pokies right?!)

I have some pinhead lats I had purchased with my GBB but it's eating dubias. Should I toss one of those in there now without crushing head or wait a day or two? Don't really have to worry about it burrowing or anything right?
I'd wait a few days before feeding. I would also add a little bit more substrate and push the cork bark into the substrate. Most importantly, remember that they need a mixture of adequate ventilation and moisture.

creepa

Arachnoknight
Just use some clear adhesive tape and tape the holes on the inside 2 or 3 layers thick and 1 on the outside to prevnt sticking...
Then make new smaller holes in the adhesive tape...