Uh-Oh....

captmarga

Arachnobaron
My daughter and co-worker spotted this little fellow under the desk when chasing down a lost cricket. No need to chase down pinheads any longer if he and his ilk are lurking. But we think he's a black widow. Location, Texas.

No markings at all that we can see with the eye, or that the camera will capture. Size DSL just at 3/4". Help? He doesn't quite match any photo I can find online. His basic shape is black widow, but the abdomen is not the oversized, exaggerated one of an adult.

Marga

Vespula

Arachnodemon
I'm not quite sure what it is, but it isn't a black widow, so now worries. :)

Silberrücken

Arachnoangel
Not a Kukulcania hibernalis, altho that is a very good guess. :)

I'm not sure what it is, but now I"LL venture a guess..
Gnaphosid (Ground spiders)

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Thanks. Reclusa says an aggressive ground-dwelling house spider. Time to power-hoover....

Marga

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Definitely not a widow, the body type is completely wrong. The mottled, stocky legs say it's not a Loxosceles (recluse) so it's not medically dangerous. No need to hoover (IMO) unless you are overrun by them.

It's likely some sort of Gnaphosid like Silberrucken said or maybe an immature Lycosid? It looks like an immature male to me, whatever it is. Let it run and catch some silverfish or baby crickets in your house for you.