uh-oh.. molting problem

Pink_tarantula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
:( Uh-oh i have a baby g.rosea oh at first she started molting right i thought she was dead so i left her a while anyways (maybe she wasn't) anyways i sprayed her too.
she had done a great deal all her legs are out (no more wrries about getting stuck) and her abdomen is free. But one piece of her molt is stuck to her
this part( taken from a different one of my roseas (this one is sub-adult)

any ideas the other one (molting one) is about 1" i don't want to lose her help!!!:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I dont quite understand what part is stuck.

And for future reference misting the tarantula during a molt is not needed. If the T flips over to molt about all you can to is watch and hope at that size.Larger Ts if this happens its somewhat easier to try and help if they do get stuck.

Depending on what part is stuck you might not be able to do anything but cut away all the loose parts.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hm, is it stuck to her fangs as well? If not, it won't be a huge deal, but if it is, it might be in trouble. I would put her in the bathroom counter for awhile and run the hot water so it seems and hopefully falls off. If that doesn't work, and the molt isn't stuck on her fangs then I would wait till it becomes brittle and falls off or easily removed.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If the fangs are out and a majority of the legs are out then things should not be that bad. But because of the size...... there is not a heck of a lot to do.

How long has she been like that?

Pink_tarantula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
crap...

i said it crap only her two pairs of back legs are visiabliy outi just looked at the pics and realiesed crap.... well her abdo is out
pics coming

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i said it crap only her two pairs of back legs are visiabliy outi just looked at the pics and realiesed crap.... well her abdo is out
pics coming
If all the other legs are stuck, there won't be much you can do with such a small sling, just try what I mentioned earlier, don't count on it though.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The seller, (unless really kind) is not going to do anything, a molt problem cannot be forseen in anyway.

Besides its not over yet. Let her do her thing before you think shes a dead T.

HOW LONG AS she been like that?

Back legs out first is not a good sign..... but that does not mean she is not done trying.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
What would be the point in contacting the seller, the only thing your probably gonna get is an offer to buy more slings..

Anyways, from that picture I can't really tell whats going on, but your best bet is to leave her be.

Pink_tarantula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
two days takenlate, the seller said i could have a 30day garantee i will try a keep her. She has not moved when i mist her

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Dont mist her directly anymore. Just leave her be. Tuck her in a dark drawer or something and wait and see what happens, if in fact she does pass there was nothing you could do for her at that size. But leave her be for a while check back in an hour and see if anything has changed.

And who are you buying from I want a 30 day on all my buys, especially slings!

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
two days takenlate, the seller said i could have a 30day garantee i will try a keep her. She has not moved when i mist her
Wow 30 day guarantee? Lucky you... and ya don't mist the T directly. Take her to the bathroom and let the hot water run so it steams up the bathroom and increases the humidity(like I said numerous times). Maybe then she'll be able to slip out of her old exo.

Pink_tarantula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
well i only get the garantee because me and him ado business together (brazilopelma colloratisum business) but the business is arachnopholiacs in alberta i love his selection it is quite weird all the others i bought from him are fine tucking her in drawer now

Pink_tarantula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i'm going to take a nice hot shower i'll bring her to the bathroom thet might help like novak said

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Anythings better then nothing I guess. Plus it will take your mind off her for 1 second. Well maybe not. :rolleyes: