Ugh .. Advice?

Minja777

Arachnopeon
Totally stressed out....

My dogs knocked over my 1inch p. imperator container and it got out ... I lost track of it in the excitement and now I can not find it ..

How can I either find it or umm kill it .... sorry but I cant have a loose scorpion in my house :( , even a baby.

Thanks for any advice

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

How long could it survive loose?

Last edited:

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The scorpion is propably going to stay in the room you lost. Just divide the room into parts and be very slow and check under everything. It probably wont climb the wall or anything. I guessing you don't have a black light. If you did you could use that to find it. I don't see a emp that size living long in a house in winter. If your house is running some sort of heater chances are it will dry out fast.

Minja777

Arachnopeon
Thanks John ...

Unfortunately it happened in the bathroom I was trying to put it in a new container and then the dogs came in excited to see what I was doing...

Does that give it a better chance of surviving that it happened in the bathroom?

Ive looked everywhere , I think it went underneath the sink cabinet piece.

I feel awful , I cant believe this happened . :(

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Also my house is set at 68 .... Would turning it up or down a bit be helpful?

Animalia

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would go to wall-mart real fast pick up a blacklight for 10 bucks shine it around.

Keep the receipt and you can return it with or without finding the scorpion, but worth a try. So win win.

Irene B. Smithi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My advice: Less spines, more exoskeletons.
lol... funny but true!!!

An Emperor scorpion is not dangerous, unless that is you're a roach or a cricket... So no need to kill it. Just start to look around, they can climb and get under stuff... so just check everywhere... odd are if you don't find it soon and your home is dry it'll die on it's own :( but best of luck finding it.

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
if there is one room where it has a chance of survival, it is the bathroom. Next time close the door so the dogs can't barge in :) since you don't know it is still in the bathroom, the scorp can be virtually anywhere...A UV light would make searches easier.
Especially juveniles are prone to dehydration.

Minja777

Arachnopeon
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone that replied!

I was panicked when I posted this and should have used the search function for ideas ... Sorry about that. :eek:

Still no sign of it though... :( .. But Im giving it some time...

Again thank you for your replies!!!