Ugh 2 day shipping looking like it’s turning into 4 day

ErikElvis

Newb
Put an order in for P regalis and H pulchripes. Supposed to be here yesterday. Has been delayed. Looking like 4 days in transit. Hope the slings will be ok as long as they aren’t sitting in extreme temps.

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
You're probably already thinking this but this time of year it's worth paying for one day and having them shipped to a hub. Hope your spiders get there safe!

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Luckily, things have been on the warm side for January in the northeast. Still cold but not nose biting.
Hope you get them safe and sound.

8 legged

Arachnoprince
Put an order in for P regalis and H pulchripes. Supposed to be here yesterday. Has been delayed. Looking like 4 days in transit. Hope the slings will be ok as long as they aren’t sitting in extreme temps.
It is always surprising what the animals can endure in the end ... They manage four days!

ErikElvis

Newb
Going into day 5. <edit>. I should have just payed the extra twenty bucks or whatever to get it here overnight.

Last edited by a moderator:

8 legged

Arachnoprince
If the temperatures are not yet negative with you and the package is housed in a room, I would not give up hope.

ErikElvis

Newb
Wrote the breeder. Said they pack for 5-10 days and as long as not left in extreme temps should be ok. Either way still covered by a guarantee

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I think arachnoboards became its own thing in 2002, I think it may have been a part of Arachnopets.com before that?
I joined at the tail end of 2002.
Funny thing is the prior week I ordered roaches 2 day and got them on time.
I’m still waiting on a shipment of roaches from 2 years ago. Somewhere in a USPS warehouse are 100 dead dubia in a box.

But I bet your slings make it fine. Sounds like the shipper packed them well.

Royalty

Arachnoknight
I’m still waiting on a shipment of roaches from 2 years ago. Somewhere in a USPS warehouse are 100 dead dubia in a box.

But I bet your slings make it fine. Sounds like the shipper packed them well.
or they were misdelivered to someone.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
or they were misdelivered to someone.
HAHA im just imaging a not invert person getting a package misdelivered and opening it, and the look on the unsuspecting people's faces learning that someone ordered roaches..... who would do such a thing.....LOL

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
HAHA im just imaging a not invert person getting a package misdelivered and opening it, and the look on the unsuspecting people's faces learning that someone ordered roaches..... who would do such a thing.....LOL

Yeah and imagine the box I got one time. I ordered 200 red runners and they were just dumped in a 7x7x7 box and taped up and shipped, I had a rude awakening lol.

ErikElvis

Newb
News about your order?
Nothing yet. Was sent from cali and that’s the last update. Says it’s on its way to the next destination. But I’ve had a toy I bought held up at some post office facility for like 4-5 days now 30 mins from me. Now sure what’s going on. It doesn’t say what facility just the general city post.

ErikElvis

Newb
Still no word. “In transit to the next facility” since last update in Cali. I’m in Delaware so they’ve been traveling a long time.

Royalty

Arachnoknight
Not trying to stir things up, but aren't pokies illegal to ship across state borders now? Do you think they could have been holding the package for that reason?

I know the shipping info does not say that but sometimes shipping companies do not seem to always update things.

Would the seller give you a replacement or a refund? I think once it gets to a point it could be considered a lost package.

ErikElvis

Newb
Not trying to stir things up, but aren't pokies illegal to ship across state borders now? Do you think they could have been holding the package for that reason?

I know the shipping info does not say that but sometimes shipping companies do not seem to always update things.

Would the seller give you a replacement or a refund? I think once it gets to a point it could be considered a lost package.
As far as I know only certain pokies are restricted. I’ll have to contact the seller again. I’m sure they’ll work with me.

Hakuna

Arachnoknight
@Royalty just some pokies you can’t SELL across state lines. I’d have to look at the list but it’s like ornata, smithi, subfusca and probably a couple others. You can still trade, it just can’t be for money I believe.

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Only five are restricted for interstate sale:
ornata
smithi
vittata
subfusca
fasciata
These are Sri Lankan endemic.Highly doubtful that anybody opens the package,much less being able to tell a regalis from a smithi.
Unless the shipper was stupid enough to advertise the contents as restrictive.And if shipped within the U.S,no shipping company really would do that,unless there’s a USFW officer there.