Uganda, Kasese District

Dan Wulf

Arachnopeon
Hi,
I will visit Kasese District in SW Uganda in November. The area is close to Queen Elizabeth National Park. I may have time for some hiking and tarantula spotting. Any suggestions? All contributions are most welcome!

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
just make sure you take TONS of pics and post them for us to live vicariously through you.
:)

Dan Wulf

Arachnopeon
just make sure you take TONS of pics and post them for us to live vicariously through you.
:)
Hi Travis,

I will do my best! Although I have lived and worked in Tanzania for longer periods (at the foot of East Usambara) this is my first visit to Uganda. I hope my work will allow me some time for a field trip or two.

Greetings,
Dan

Last edited:

Dan Wulf

Arachnopeon
Bump! No suggestions regarding specific species or habitats to look for?

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
Bump! No suggestions regarding specific species or habitats to look for?
I would say most will not have any direct experience that would help you. Those few people that do probably are not on this forum. Your best bet, probably, is to do some extensive research online regarding species distribution throughout Africa. Who knows you might even find an undescribed species?

What kind of work is it that you do?

Dan Wulf

Arachnopeon
I would say most will not have any direct experience that would help you. Those few people that do probably are not on this forum. Your best bet, probably, is to do some extensive research online regarding species distribution throughout Africa. Who knows you might even find an undescribed species?

What kind of work is it that you do?
Hi Travis,

I'm involved in various types of public health research, including parasitology, diabetes type 2, domestic violence etc.

I will follow your advice and make some attempts to find relevant information on-line and in books. Not that I'm planning to do some export myself but I wonder whether T's have previously been exported from Uganda.

Greetings,
Dan

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
Hi Travis,

I'm involved in various types of public health research, including parasitology, diabetes type 2, domestic violence etc.

I will follow your advice and make some attempts to find relevant information on-line and in books. Not that I'm planning to do some export myself but I wonder whether T's have previously been exported from Uganda.

Greetings,
Dan
Either way we expect to have a detailed account of your journey with Lots and Lots of pics. :)