U.triangulifer

Urizen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Anyone keep any of these? Excellent starter Buthid! Tiny and amazing, my female patrols her cage. And demolishes crix! :) Anyone own or have experience with these?

Andre2

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello,

I have 5 other Uroplectes species, but not this particular one. If you get young from these, I would be very interested. Uroplectes is great and mostly
easy to care for. Only U. pilosus I found more difficult.

What's the size of your triangulifer? 35-40 mm? Can you post a pic?

regards

Urizen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Enclosure and size.

Here is a photo of the enclosure, I currently have two in here, one about 40 mm and one about 50 mm. They seem to do ok, communally, if fed enough, I've even seen them resting next to each other. :D

Andre2

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Maybe your bigger one is a female and the small one a male. There is much difference in size between them with the other Uroplectes species I know. One thing I'm certain of; if you get young, I think you'll never find them again in that decoration:D
I hope to get this species too in spring or summer.

Please forgive me for saying, but I think this species will do well in a (semi-) arid set-up. Your set-up looks a bit humid. I'm sure they only need a little bit of water once a week or so and no high or constant humidity.

It would be nice to see a picture of the scorps. With Uroplectes the sex is easy to see with adults and you can easily see if there is a gravid female.

Urizen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The setup's substrate did get a litte more humid than usual, as we have had alot of heat and rain. But I dunno, I tried to recreate what was generally in the bush around my house, since this species is found there and evn climbs in people's houses. {D They seem ok, I don't actually ever mist the enclosure, leave it at room temp and normal conditions, because as I said they're indigenous to my area. They eat well and seem to do scorpion stuff, hide, climb, dig scraps under the rock and driftwood.

Andre2

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Where are you from, Urizen? South africa or Namibia? That's nice! Would be a paradise for me to live and Uroplectes could come into my house anytime!:D
Are there other Uroplectes species in your area?

Urizen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yes a few, but none as distrubuted as far and densly as U.Triangulifer. I live in S.Africa