U.Triangulifer gives birth!

Urizen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Went to the shops, came back and found my female U.triangulifer eating something, closer inspection revealed a scorpling attached to her back. She was busy eating one! OMG O_O So I moved her to a smaller container and managed to attach 2 more to her back... the rest were only partially formed :( any one experienced this?

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sometimes birth is given to undeveloped embryos. Are you sure that the mother was eating one of the slings or was she simply removing the embryotic fluid?

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Like EAD said sometime they embryos are under developed.. it is quite possible you saw the mother eating of them...

Urizen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thank you very much for the replies:

She was eating one the underdevleoped ones, most of the brood were underdeveloped, two are still attached to her, and they seem fine, one however fell off and didnt seem to be alive, but rather than disturb her I left it. This sucks, this is my favourite species, I love the mean temperamant vs the size. It wasn't even a planned breeding. I must have received her already pregnant. The one I managed to place in the damp paper towel set up, is still alive, so any suggestions on how to keep that one that way for next two weeks?

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thank you very much for the replies:

She was eating one the underdevleoped ones, most of the brood were underdeveloped, two are still attached to her, and they seem fine, one however fell off and didnt seem to be alive, but rather than disturb her I left it. This sucks, this is my favourite species, I love the mean temperamant vs the size. It wasn't even a planned breeding. I must have received her already pregnant. The one I managed to place in the damp paper towel set up, is still alive, so any suggestions on how to keep that one that way for next two weeks?
Good, I'm glad it was one of the embryos rather than one of the live young. I wish you luck with them in the future.