U. sikorae housing

Nick12007

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've been looking into keeping a U. sikorae for a while now, but I've found that the caresheets seem to contradict each other. Can anyone tell me what is generally the ideal sized tank for keeping one (maybe later I'll get another), and any tips of humidity and substrate would be helpful!

Thanks!

x-topher

Arachnopeon
The pet store I work at has an adult female that we keep in a 15 gallon. Just give them plenty of cover and cork bark and keep them hydrated.

Ganoderma

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
pet stores say a lot of things. frankly a 7-9" gecko should not be in a 15 gallon, especially when they climb a lot. my friends generally kept that sp in a 36x24x18" (TxWxD) cage with basic lighting. they used various substrates such as soil with moss or strait moss, with live plants. branches and hiding areas and daily spraying. dont keep them wet. give ventilation but not a draft (i like back and side venting), if the top is screen it is going to be very hard to keep the humidity. temps similar to, perhaps a little cooler than, crested geckos is good (70's gradient).

photos would be great when you get them. very pretty.