U. Mordax surprise babies

NocturnalSkies

Arachnopeon
Late Friday night before bed I discovered that my uronoctus mordax that I’ve had for months had unexpectedly given birth. She had all her babies on her back. I came home from work today to find that she had evicted all but 2 of them. I wondered if maybe they fell off so I painstakingly them back on her back. About 3 hours later they were again evicted and this time I figured it was intentional so I again painstakingly picked them up and put them in a little container with a damp tissue and am keeping them warm. There’s very little info I can dig up on what to do in this scenario and I’ve never cared for first instar scorplings before so I’d definitely appreciate any advice.

Attachments

egyptiancrow

Arachnobaron
im sorry i cant help you. i saw this recently while doing a lot of research about various scorpion babies. maybe you can contact him and ask him about it

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
im sorry i cant help you. i saw this recently while doing a lot of research about various scorpion babies. maybe you can contact him and ask him about it
Those are i2 though. They’ve already left mom’s back so it’s the right time to separate them. The ones the OP has are i1 and would normally stay with mom until after their first molt.

Anyway, I think this is all you can do. No guarantee they will make it. Oftentimes if scorplings are abandoned, they may be considered weak. All you can do is keep them like you are now and hope they molt to i2. If they don’t, there wasn’t really anything you could’ve done.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
I agree with @Joey Spijkers, at 1i there isn't really anything you can do other than hope they molt to 2i without issue, though the odds aren't good for that happening generally speaking.

Thanks,

Arthroverts