typical suicidal rosea...

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I rehoused my rose hair today and because shes curious she has been trying to climb. I've been restricting her from. But I leave her alone for two seconds and when I walk in shes hanging from the top from one leg. I thought Oh not again (she did it when I first got her, and I had to save her) well befor I could save her she fell. less than a foot, but it still worried me. Onto her half log. But she did a pretty good landing. Landed on her feet without looking like she did any damage. There is no fluids anywhere so I assume shes ok (unless she has internal bleeding, but I think shes ok. But really, she did a pretty good landing, I was impressed! but next tim I go into town Ill get more substrate so I can make her tank rosea proof!{D

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Good idea to add more sub. I try to keep stuff away from the side of the tank that can harm them. Any idea why shes climbing the walls?:? Im sure you know they like the sub dry.

ikarus_black

Arachnopeon
:?reminds me of my late MM G Rosea... always climbin' n fallin.....
He died of old age 2 years after maturing....

I gave him a lot of substrate, and he (weird?) even dig and burrow!!!

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think shes been climbing since the substrate might be a little damp, i got jungle mix mixed with eco earth and the jungle mix was a little wet so that might be it. And she also climbed alot and would get stuck when I first got her, so it might be her getting used to her new home.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I think shes been climbing since the substrate might be a little damp, i got jungle mix mixed with eco earth and the jungle mix was a little wet so that might be it. And she also climbed alot and would get stuck when I first got her, so it might be her getting used to her new home.
Seems to me she needs some settling in. Why the jungle mix? ive never used it and dont see much reason to. Correct me if im wrong but is that a wood chip mix? And the other explanation is she doesnt know shes a spider. She may think shes a bird or an Avic ;) Those rosea crack me up.. always up to no good.

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I gave him a lot of substrate, and he (weird?) even dig and burrow!!!
roseas digging burrows seems to be less and less weird every day. 2 out of 2 of mine do it, and i think there was a thread about it a little while ago. ;)

edit: heres the thread http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=185880

as to the OP, its probably the sub still being too moist. bone dry is the only way mine will touch sub, picky little devils...

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Seems to me she needs some settling in. Why the jungle mix? ive never used it and dont see much reason to. Correct me if im wrong but is that a wood chip mix? And the other explanation is she doesnt know shes a spider. She may think shes a bird or an Avic ;) Those rosea crack me up.. always up to no good.
Yeah the last batch I had had soo much wood chips so I changed it and got some styff at the store that looked suprisingly not woodchipy, I mixed that with eco earth and it turns out, it WAS suprisingly not woodchippy it now just looks like thick eco earth. There is no big woodchips, my last bag was like mulch, this one was nothing like it. So I think it's fine